• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No Purchase Club (January -AND- February 2011)

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Want to report that I am still hanging in there.

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
Despite saying "*******, I'm out". I've done alright. Bought 4 pairs of Mabitex with some proceeds from B&S/eBay sales. My only real "purchase" was turning my Darlton wingtips into a size 11.5 from a 10.5.

I've passed up some great stuff in the last couple days. Hopefully I'm not kicking myself later on!

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke
I've passed up some great stuff in the last couple days. Hopefully I'm not kicking myself later on!

I've found I rarely kick myself over internet bargains. Often times what I find myself regretting is the full retail item I really really wanted, because I thought I would get an internet bargain... only to find out I couldn't.
ffffuuuu.gif

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
I passed on some EG Chelseas in Dark Oak, which is a shoe I've wanted for quite a while. It may be a while before I see a similar price again. That's the only one I can think of that may haunt me.

Overall though, I think I end up kicking myself most over the stupid purchases I make because at the time, I think its a great deal.

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
Well, I broke for real... NWT PRL sportcoat and NWT PRL cashmere sweater.

OOOOOPS
laugh.gif

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
picked up 2 mabitex on sale today.
and got this amazing pratesi case (more on that in a few days).

in my defense, the case was (mostly) purchased with gains from SF sales.

w.o.e.is.me.
Well I had to take an extra 24 hours just to deliberate on this, I was so taken back.
The defendant may rise.
'cough*nice case*cough.'
'2 Mabitex + 1 amazing pratesi case = 3 violations.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I did take into consideration the case was purchased with funds generated from SF sales.
That is rather like 'trading' rather than spending, right? Well I suppose your new case can be given a pass, which removes 1 violation. Congratulations, you found a loophole.
I am also aware of this...
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=219562
(I haven't even checked WAYWRN yet but won't be suprised if it appears there as well)
For this flagrant flaunting of weakness you should receive on of these
devil.gif
but I will pass that, on the grounds that the afore-mentioned case is just too cool
inlove.gif

Now to the matter of the 2 Mabitex...
For this, you have no way out, and must accept 2 of these
frown.gif
frown.gif
one for each violation.
You are officially now in the Dog House but still in the challenge.
You also now take the lead as weakest player, but take heart..the challenge is still young;
plenty of time yet for someone else to be even weaker.
It would be inappropriate within the context of this thread to congratulate you on your purchases,
but I do hope you enjoy them in good health. At least they were practical items.
Hope you got it out of your system now, so keep trying.
Trusting you find my assesment to be fair,
-MOL

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raoul Duke,
As you are not a member of this challenge, I would kindly ask you refrain from cluttering up this thread with weakness.
We have many other threads for you to discuss new purchases so please feel free to list them elsewhere, thank you.
Should you wish to join the challenge, say so, but you will have to continue to mid March. If you agree, say 'aye'.

poissa

Reaction score
heh you guys are awesome, I commend you for your hardwork. All these post-holiday sales can only encourage consumerism lol.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I receive my items I'll post them,Now there will be little chance of straying out of the non purchasing brigade for the next 6 weeks, so the dog house is home for the remainder of the challenge! The keys to the chastity wallet have been hidden by my bank manager!
-TTO

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Raoul Duke,
As you are not a member of this challenge, I would kindly ask you refrain from cluttering up this thread with weakness.
We have many other threads for you to discuss new purchases so please feel free to list them elsewhere, thank you.
Should you wish to join the challenge, say so, but you will have to continue to mid March. If you agree, say 'aye'.

AYE.

I was in originally, then I backed out. I would like to rejoin. I promise to be strong!

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonlegoman
My toilet bleach drop tablets ran out and I decided to scrub with ajax that I had laying around instead of buying more toilet bleach drops. Have not bought anything except food, gas, and rent for about 3 weeks now. No rented movies either. I'm starting to like this.

Great stuff! Baking soda is actually the best all-purpose cleaner out there, and it's dirt cheap - I've cleaned toilets, showers, cookware, counters, mirrors, and shirts with it.

If you've got a movie fix, check out your local library. Ours has an impressive collection.

EDIT: Still going strong.

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's talk about what you guys plan on buying once NPC period is over. Maybe this will liven this place up?

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
w.o.e.is.me.
Well I had to take an extra 24 hours just to deliberate on this, I was so taken back.
The defendant may rise.
'cough*nice case*cough.'
'2 Mabitex + 1 amazing pratesi case = 3 violations.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I did take into consideration the case was purchased with funds generated from SF sales.
That is rather like 'trading' rather than spending, right? Well I suppose your new case can be given a pass, which removes 1 violation. Congratulations, you found a loophole.
I am also aware of this...
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=219562
(I haven't even checked WAYWRN yet but won't be suprised if it appears there as well)
For this flagrant flaunting of weakness you should receive on of these
devil.gif
but I will pass that, on the grounds that the afore-mentioned case is just too cool
inlove.gif

Now to the matter of the 2 Mabitex...
For this, you have no way out, and must accept 2 of these
frown.gif
frown.gif
one for each violation.
You are officially now in the Dog House but still in the challenge.
You also now take the lead as weakest player, but take heart..the challenge is still young;
plenty of time yet for someone else to be even weaker.
It would be inappropriate within the context of this thread to congratulate you on your purchases,
but I do hope you enjoy them in good health. At least they were practical items.
Hope you got it out of your system now, so keep trying.
Trusting you find my assesment to be fair,
-MOL

but...but...THEY WERE ONLY $30 EACH! WHAT MAN COULD RESIST THAT?!
I wouldn't even have gone in there if not for an SF-Heads Up/Bat Signal.
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads