1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

No Purchase Club (January -AND- February 2011)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MyOtherLife, Jan 3, 2011.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus

Well, I just lost my job, so I'll be selling a few things on B&S. Is there a pass for those who by from others on the No Purchase Club? [​IMG]

Dude, serious? That sucks so bad... the place with the awesome workshop pic you took last week?

2. Imhoff

Imhoff Well-Known Member

And so begins Day One of No Purchases.... this is going to be tough.... [​IMG]

3. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Imhoff. You've taken the first step to sign up. Step 2 is removing temptation.
    Anyone else wish to join, please ring in.
    I would also like to encourage any and all lurkers who are not yet members of Styleforum to join the community here. All are welcomed.

4. ishakir

ishakir Well-Known Member

I have taken the oath of frugality and I'd like to apply to the "No Purchase Club"

February is going to be a tough month but we'll make it!

5. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Well-Known Member

Well, I just lost my job, so I'll be selling a few things on B&S. Is there a pass for those who by from others on the No Purchase Club? [​IMG]

Sorry man. Keep your head up. At the very least, you're bound to dress better than any other applicants you compete against for future work.

6. Imhoff

Imhoff Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Imhoff. You've taken the first step to sign up. Step 2 is removing temptation.
    Anyone else wish to join, please ring in.
    I would also like to encourage any and all lurkers who are not yet members of Styleforum to join the community here. All are welcomed.

Thanks MoL! In fact, I am also taking time this month to cleanse my closet (most will hit B&S) and try to live a more "zen" like life-style.

7. PTWilliams

PTWilliams Well-Known Member

One month, purchase free. Thanks for the thread.

8. niidawg3

niidawg3 Well-Known Member

Damn ... sorry to hear UC. Here is to praying you land something shortly.

9. acecow

acecow Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that. I hope you find an even better job fast.

10. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

I hope you guys are doing well with one month down and one to go...I really need to join this club, but unfortunately I'm going suit shopping with the best man for my wedding later this month to pick out some suits, accessories, etc. But at the beginning of March I will definitely be ready for the March-April 2 month NPC!

11. tone76

tone76 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club. As someone that's been there for the last couple of months, it sucks balls. On the plus side, at least it makes your NPC oath a little easier to uphold. [​IMG] I'm sure you'll find something very soon - as w.o.e. pointed out, you'll be noticeably better dressed than the other applicants being interviewed. [​IMG]

12. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Well-Known Member

just wanted to report I'm still going strong. It's easier to not buy stuff when you're broke. [​IMG]

13. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Well-Known Member

After all the winter sales, etc I'm finally ready to join for the month of February.

Let's hope I can resist temptation.

My 401K thanks you SF

14. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

Well, I broke the oath. I bought a pair of Orvis leather trimmed khaki pants on eBay for $30. I already own a few pair of pants from Orvis and absolutely love that they are damn near bulletproof so I always keep an eye out for them (and Filson pants) in my size and the price was just too good to pass up.

On the bright side, I did manage to sell a suit and a Brooks Brothers credit on B&S so I am still ahead of the game by $850+.

15. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Well-Known Member

Despite my many violations (only 3 instances, not 11), I'm still positive $399 in my paypal account. I don't think I've done all that bad. The stalking is definitely a nice touch though.

16. aleksandr

aleksandr Well-Known Member

I can feel myself weakening. All through January, I wouldn't even look at B&S and the email at which I receive mailers from various etailers. Now I catch myself looking at a page or two of B&S and clicking through. This is getting hard.

17. jdldore

jdldore Well-Known Member

For what (little) it's worth, I am also in the real edition (see my name about two-thirds down the list). Just paid my credit card bill. It was $43.13.

"Playing the Home Game Edition(Those of you who are trying, but did not 'officially' sign up)

* niidawg3 (Possibly going to the dog house, pending outcome of call from Italy)(Jan only)
    * jdldore"

18. Imhoff

Imhoff Well-Known Member

Just need to know if Trading items is considered an infraction. Traded two ties for one.

It's tough, already 3 days into it and weakening and going through withdraws.

19. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus

Just need to know if Trading items is considered an infraction. Traded two ties for one.

It's tough, already 3 days into it and weakening and going through withdraws.

Oh haiiiii Brandon... [​IMG]

20. Imhoff

Imhoff Well-Known Member

Oh haiiiii Brandon... [​IMG]

Don't tempt me Matt.... I swear.... hahaha. Been stalking your B&S thread and eBay listings.....