• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jko

Reaction score

when the price of my eyeing item drop, i generally place order ASAP even no code.
and usually yoox would publish a code some hours later after the drop.
then i mail them to give me some refund, and they always take it.

Just tried this, didn't happen.

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just tried this, didn't happen.
yoox betray me
cloud.gif

long_knives

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am curious to know how much their sales to Canada have gone down since they started charging %28 tax.  They have lost me as a customer. :crazy:

I placed an order from the US site and had it delivered to my shipping address in Blaine WA (I'm in Vancouver). I picked it up last week and declared the full value of $670 at the border. I was hit with 32% in taxes and duty.

That said, there are many times that I've declared full value of shipments in the range of 400-500$ and been waived through without charges.

AE7

Reaction score
what makes you refrain from "forgetting" to put a zero at the end of the declared sum?

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can't tell you about the details on the Reporter items beyond what I already know. As for the other two -- Michelangelo is an upper mid-market brand -- uses better fabrics, slightly better construction (http://www.michelangelospa.com/). Hilton is a brand owned by Tombolini, decent quality, on par w/Reporter and the like, but slightly lower quality than the Tombolini main line. To the best of my knowledge, Coltorti is a boutique with locations in the U.S. and Italy (http://www.boutiquecoltorti.it), and the items being sold are likely a house label.
Another good under the radar brand is Forall. It is owned by the parent company that owns Pal Zileri.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I placed an order from the US site and had it delivered to my shipping address in Blaine WA (I'm in Vancouver). I picked it up last week and declared the full value of $670 at the border. I was hit with 32% in taxes and duty.

That said, there are many times that I've declared full value of shipments in the range of 400-500$ and been waived through without charges.

Why would you go through all the trouble and then declare a full value of already used item?

Last edited:

long_knives

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why would you go through all the trouble and then declared full value of already used item?

I literally drive across the boarder, pick up the shipment and head straight back. The product is new and I'm in the US for all of about 15 mins. I declare full value because of my particular line of employment.

I was curious as to whether I'd be charged duty and how much it would come to.

AE7

Reaction score
What season do you have in mind? If its SS, then you should have snatched them already, its already 80% sale.

Desiette

Reaction score
Arrrrrgh! Everything in my dreambox is gone! Overnight. Even the links that I had saved in my browser are not working! Usually even if an item in the dream box is sold out, ti remains there as a sold out item. But this time it is just gone. Is this happening to anyone else? wtf!

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arrrrrgh! Everything in my dreambox is gone! Overnight. Even the links that I had saved in my browser are not working! Usually even if an item in the dream box is sold out, ti remains there as a sold out item. But this time it is just gone. Is this happening to anyone else? wtf!

Don't fret. They may come back, or they may not. Yoox does this from time to time w/o explanation. Usually towards the end of season.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Code for F/W Only.

Buy 1 item - 5% off
Buy 2 items - 10% off
Buy 3 items - 15% off

YOOXLEVEL13

Last edited:

Desiette

Reaction score
And the weirdest part is that, though they don't show up on the US site, they are available on the UK site. If you are missing items in your dream box, check the UK site to see if they are really gone, or it's some kind of glitch.

I'm suspecting it's a glitch, especially since it coincides with their releasing the new look website.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New Code for F/W Only. Buy 1 item - 5% off Buy 2 items - 10% off Buy 3 items - 15% off YOOXLEVEL13
Thank you ferry much. Winter coats galore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads