• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New RL coupon and private sale

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bah, no formalwear made it to the sale... I've been peeping that marcella for quite some time.

NOLA1

Reaction score
I was told by a knowledgable salesman that the italian made shoes are produced by the same maker that makes gucci. I have no experience w/ gucci but the stanton captoes that I saw at the store today don't compare to the C&J-made benton captoes I bought during the last sale.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a Black Label Blazer instore. I have never had such a brilliant fit - (sized up from a 42 to 44L though). I understand the whole silver button thing on Blazers, though i have never been crazy about them. Would it be unusual to switch the buttons out?

Also picked up the Astor Boots in Black, online. They look very similar to a pair that I tried instore (Havana). They do not appear to have 'pull tabs' on the online image.
Does anyone have experience with these and are they C&J's?

Thanks

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

does this sweater actually fit that slim? or would i be joking with myself to think it will fit like that?

It'll fit like that if you size down...my guess is that model is wearing a size down from his norm. I have a wool (cardigan from this season and it does fit very well (a size Small, and I have a 38" chest, 5'10")

picked up the varsity striped vneck jumper, which i'd been eyeing all season.

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
The wingtips are more "Tom Brownish"

pPOLO2-3844177_standard_v330.jpg

waterpig

Reaction score
Bah. Five minutes to decide.

Well, it's past midnight EST and the NOV15 code still works. I thought it expired tonight?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by waterpig
Is it worth waiting for the slim chance that a single monk strap from the C&J bench made line will show up on GVH, or should I go for the inferior Italian shoe that I could get from this sale?

Are the made in Italy shoes that mediocre?

Thanks.

GVH has the PRL Sheldon, which is a C&J handgrade (Savile/337) for $300.

waterpig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
GVH has the PRL Sheldon, which is a C&J handgrade (Savile/337) for $300.

Not in my size. I dig that Rivington, though, but hesitant due to the fact that it's probably not a good deal for the money.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
well, here is the thing, i think wingtips should be more chic casual , and alot of times a wingtip made /forced to look more elegant or formal looks contrived or off. i like it when a wingtip is made to look naturally more heavy set, a bit clunkier, and preferentially a blucher. (i dont like bal wingtips) this darlton naturally looks really good.
They were the first pair of rebadged RLs which I really wanted. That was on appearance alone. Also, I didn't realize they were cordovan at the time (they don't really look like shell in the display). At this point they are basically poor man's dinckelackers for me. Although at $350, is that poor man's anything?
lol8[1].gif
Also, for C&J-made shell cordovan it's a good deal. For brown shell cordovan, it's a good deal and brown shell is exceedingly hard to get. From the looks of it, this is the end of this model and I doubt there could be another brown shell cordovan CJ offered by polo next year. although, I could be wrong.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by waterpig
Bah. Five minutes to decide.

Well, it's past midnight EST and the NOV15 code still works. I thought it expired tonight?

Probably midnight Pacific (3am EST).

Roger Kearey

Reaction score
How would I order off of their website. I have a friends delivery address in the US but I don't have a registered US credit card only UK ones, is there a way around this, does anyone know? because it just won't accept my cards.

Cheers,

Roger

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger Kearey
How would I order off of their website. I have a friends delivery address in the US but I don't have a registered US credit card only UK ones, is there a way around this, does anyone know? because it just won't accept my cards.

Cheers,

Roger

They have only recently started to accept Canadian Visa's, with US address's, but no others.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received a confirmation email that your order has been shipped?

heavyd

Reaction score
Ordered in Chicago yesterday am, got an e-mail confirm on my order.

No shipping info yet, typically very fast shipping during the sales. I took the free shipping option, so no real expectations.

I assume that with cost cutting due to the value of the dollar, and the falling stock price, they might add some days onto shipping - but you never know. \t
decisions.gif

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
Has anyone received a confirmation email that your order has been shipped?

Yes, via Fedex home delivery yesterday. Expected delivery tomorrow. This happened at last year's sale too - order rec'd on Saturday. I've also learned to split big orders so that they do not require signature and just leave it at my door. Above a certain threshold sig. is automatically req'd and picking up from the Home Delivery warehouse is a major PIA.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads