• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New RL coupon and private sale

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
You guys are KILLLING ME....
That's it, I have to sell 2-3 of my lesser cordovan shoes because of this, recoup my costs...
baldy[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

hehehehe.

this is called the "diorshoe" syndrome.

hehehehe.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Quick question. What's so good about the Darlton's, that everyone is clamoring for them?
They're made from shell cordovan leather.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
teddie, you got to go to polo store in SC and see the darlton wingtip.

you would love them, trust me, i know your preference. this is a sweet shoe to be had for $354. go there now and order, the guy will not charge you state tax and free shipping by calling an out of state store for you.

they close at 9PM tonite. or go to the website by 12 Midnight tonite. without that extra 15% they are 417 dollars. still not bad. very good price.

you'll need a 10.5D

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quick question. What's so good about the Darlton's, that everyone is clamoring for them?
Shell is addictive.

waterpig

Reaction score

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Originally Posted by shoe
teddie, you got to go to polo store in SC and see the darlton wingtip.

you would love them, trust me, i know your preference. this is a sweet shoe to be had for $354. go there now and order, the guy will not charge you state tax and free shipping by calling an out of state store for you.

they close at 9PM tonite. or go to the website by 12 Midnight tonite. without that extra 15% they are 417 dollars. still not bad. very good price.

you'll need a 10.5D

I had a 10.5. Just sent them back to GVH.

Partly, Teddie, it's just the SF hive mind at work. These things take on their own momentum.

But partly it's because they are really well put-together shoes.

Fortunately, GVH sent me the wrong size and I failed to get up to the Mansion tonight, so I think I'll do without them.

waterpig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Waterpig, I guess it depends upon the look you want. The wingtips are more "Tom Brownish" where the single monk look is a bit more formal/stylish. If you have the extra dough and like wingtips, I would go with the heavier looking http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

That is one serious brown wingtip baby!

Ah, I would if I could! It's not offered in my size, alas. I'm more inclined towards the single monk but feel that a pair of monks in both black and brown seems...narrow minded? I want to expand my shoe collection in more than one dimension.

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TCN
Does the Polo website instantly update availability or do you think some of us might not get our Darltons?

Shipping notice just rec'd. for mine.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
last check the wingtips are down to just 4 sizes. Good thing I bought mine this morning.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Partly, Teddie, it's just the SF hive mind at work. These things take on their own momentum.

I figured as much. I was considering them, even though I don't even really like them!

I think I'll save my money for the Lobbs I want to buy some time next year, maybe. So long as the goals of getting a house and new car don't get in the way.

waterpig

Reaction score
Is it worth waiting for the slim chance that a single monk strap from the C&J bench made line will show up on GVH, or should I go for the inferior Italian shoe that I could get from this sale?

Are the made in Italy shoes that mediocre?

Thanks.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Waterpig, I guess it depends upon the look you want. The wingtips are more "Tom Brownish" where the single monk look is a bit more formal/stylish. If you have the extra dough and like wingtips, I would go with the heavier looking http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

That is one serious brown wingtip baby!

well, here is the thing, i think wingtips should be more chic casual , and alot of times a wingtip made /forced to look more elegant or formal looks contrived or off.
i like it when a wingtip is made to look naturally more heavy set, a bit clunkier, and preferentially a blucher.
(i dont like bal wingtips)
this darlton naturally looks really good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics