1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF FEB 15, 2016

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Murlsquirl, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

New SF member and not sure where to find the answer you're looking for? Have a quick question that doesn't belong in a current thread? Welcome, you found the right place.

This is a weekly thread where new users can ask quick questions and get a solid answer. If a thread already exists that would be more helpful, we will point you in the right direction. The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.....so ask away!

2. fllick

fllick Well-Known Member

A question for the more experienced members, I have tailored both cotton and wool pants in the same measurements and after extended wearing, the cotton pants always have the pockets flaring while the wool ones do not. Is this normal? The cotton pants fit well when just put on. The pocket flare just destroys the otherwise straight pant line and bugs me. Thank you!

Hope my question is in the correct thread, otherwise please feel free to move it elsewhere.

3. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Not sure how much truth there is in this, but here is my take....once cotton is stressed and wrinkled, it stays that way. Wool can naturally fall back into shape, whereas cotton does not. Your cotton trousers start to flare because when you sit, the top block gets wrinkled and causes the flare.

I don't know....that's my guess.