• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New bespoke suit...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
I hope you are kidding.

I was not. The suit does not look nearly as good here as on the bathroom pictures + Jovan somehow seems younger on that pic. I was just asking

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
Back view. One is the loneliest number...
Inside lining with hidden change pocket. I never use it, I actually prefer having a patch pocket within the right front pocket. I'll probably ask them to do this for my next suit. Hope this was informative! Again, their website is www.baronboutique.com.

In this view was your back pocket in use? I am wondering ifa slightly easier allowance for a thin wallet would be an advantage?

Where is the fifth inside pocket.

It does however look very interesting indded good and certainly well worth an experiment.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Nothing was inside my back pocket when I took the picture. The fifth inside pocket (I assume you're referring to the change pocket) is the one I'm holding open.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing was inside my back pocket when I took the picture. The fifth inside pocket (I assume you're referring to the change pocket) is the one I'm holding open.

Thanks for that - I had thought you meant the jacket.

Would you normally use your back pocket - I am wondering if it is necessary to tell them make a slight allowance in the cut for this - I recall my tailor asking this at the first

paul

Reaction score
Jovan,

I would be very interested in seeing your other photo's. Could you e-mail to me? Also, I may be very interested in using baron boutique. Based on your experience, do would you recommend being measured or mailing a sample jacket to them. Also, just how exceptional is they're workmanship?

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by paul
Jovan,

I would be very interested in seeing your other photo's. Could you e-mail to me? Also, I may be very interested in using baron boutique. Based on your experience, do would you recommend being measured or mailing a sample jacket to them. Also, just how exceptional is they're workmanship?

You should at least post one of the entire suit that is better that that prom shot-it would be better for all (and better for Baron's sales) if we could get a close-up of the craftsmanship. I am still thinking about it...though another post about Brooks Bros 3-peice suits reminded me of that option as well, but again I could get TWO Baron suits for what I would pay for one Brooks Bros...the mind boggles...

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
But... I already showed close ups of the craftsmanship! Gah, what do you want from me?!

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But... I already showed close ups of the craftsmanship! Gah, what do you want from me?!

LOL...Sorry kid! I mean how it hangs, etc.

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long did the entire process take?

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, so you've now got me intrigued by this idea of being able to experiment with custom fit and features for a couple hundred bucks... I can't see your pics on this computer I'm using -- on a three-button, do you think I would have any problem requesting a proper collar roll to the second button? Or would they consider that standard?

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I'm sure it'd be fine, just let them know ahead of time through email and send them pictures to confirm what you want.

paul

Reaction score
Dear Members,

Do not walk, RUN as far away from Baron's Boutique as possible!!!

Recently, based on Jovan's experience, I opted to have Barons Boutique, tailor me a double-breasted jacket. Following are the list of flaws that occured:

1. The lapel lacked actual or adequate canvassing.
2. The top of the the lapel suffered from puckering, (probably from the lack of canvassing beneath lapel)
3. The stitching on the lapel was botched. On side of the lapel, appeared different from the other.
4. What was deemed functional button holes, appeared to have been falsely manufactured, not machine made.
5. The jacket for some odd reason was very itching, whenever I tried on. The appeared to be some form of inferior canvassing within the lining of the jacket.

I'm not certain what transpired as to Jovan's suit, but this jacket suffered from numerous flaws. I would seriously advise any member opting to utilize this establishment, to think twice about it. TRUST ME!!
frown.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by paul
Dear Members,

Do not walk, RUN as far away from Baron's Boutique as possible!!!

Recently, based on Jovan's experience, I opted to have Barons Boutique, tailor me a double-breasted jacket. Following are the list of flaws that occured:

1. The lapel lacked actual or adequate canvassing.
2. The top of the the lapel suffered from puckering, (probably from the lack of canvassing beneath lapel)
3. The stitching on the lapel was botched. On side of the lapel, appeared different from the other.
4. What was deemed functional button holes, appeared to have been falsely manufactured, not machine made.
5. The jacket for some odd reason was very itching, whenever I tried on. The appeared to be some form of inferior canvassing within the lining of the jacket.

I'm not certain what transpired as to Jovan's suit, but this jacket suffered from numerous flaws. I would seriously advise any member opting to utilize this establishment, to think twice about it. TRUST ME!!
frown.gif

Paul - sorry to hear about your bad experience. I might be a little thick but I don't understand your points 3 and 4 though - care to explain (or better show scans)?

mrchapel

Reaction score
paul: Hmmm..interesting. I had been considering giving them a whirl. Have you emailed them asking if they'd fix your order?

Jovan: Did you ever order a second suit, and if so, has it arrived?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads