• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New bespoke suit...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Do you have a pic of you wearing the suit from Baron's?

What's the total cost after everything's said and done?

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Here you go. This is me earlier today dressed for an interview. Don't lecture me about the pink, I know. I was secretly hoping they actually wouldn't hire me after what I heard. Sleeves are slightly short, but I'm getting it fixed as it was my fault. I'm not wearing the vest, but the vest itself fits quite well. I'm going to work on the fit a bit with them, like getting the waist suppressed a little more, armholes higher, etc. I'm also going to get the vest lengthened a bit since the one included with this just barely covered enough of the waistband. I think the reason was that the rise was a little lower than one would normally go with say... pleated pants which a vest is usually paired. Overall, this was a good experiment. It wasn't exact on the very first try, but at least I know how to perfect the fit and to better take my measurements. The main thing, like I've said before, is to tell them exactly what you want and show pictures.
wtf.jpg
Total cost of this experiment was $239 for a three piece in Super 120's tropical weight wool. (This was basically $199 plus $40 for the "hand padded spec" that includes floating horsehair canvas and black horn buttons. Shipping is included in all their prices already.) I'll most likely get my next suit in this ideal fabric, as I live in Florida. It drapes fine, but I'm considering getting an inner cuff on the pants so it'll break a bit better over my shoe. Sadly, this picture doesn't show the absolutely perfect length of the trouser that I happened to get right. I'll see if I can get a picture snapped by someone else. As for pictures of construction and such... Outside view of jacket. Yes, I ironed it after. Inner view of lining and pockets. Underside of lapel with tiny stitches to the canvas. Hard to see, but it's there. I don't think I could prove to you it's canvassed any other way.
tongue.gif
Front view of trousers. Note no belt loops, as I hate belts on suits. Back view. One is the loneliest number... Inside lining with hidden change pocket. I never use it, I actually prefer having a patch pocket within the right front pocket. I'll probably ask them to do this for my next suit. Kick tape at hem. Squint and you'll see it. Hope this was informative! Again, their website is www.baronboutique.com.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit looks pretty good. The haircut on the other hand...

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
...has been nonexistent for a couple of months. I need a trim badly.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
I'm not wearing the vest, but the vest itself fits quite well. I'm going to work on the fit a bit with them, like getting the waist suppressed a little more, armholes higher, etc. I'm also going to get the vest lengthened a bit since the one included with this just barely covered enough of the waistband.
wtf.jpg

I'll see if I can get a picture snapped by someone else.

As for pictures of construction and such...
Outside view of jacket. Yes, I ironed it after.
Inner view of lining and pockets.
Underside of lapel with tiny stitches to the canvas. Hard to see, but it's there. I don't think I could prove to you it's canvassed any other way.
tongue.gif

Front view of trousers. Note no belt loops, as I hate belts on suits.
Back view. One is the loneliest number...
Inside lining with hidden change pocket. I never use it, I actually prefer having a patch pocket within the right front pocket. I'll probably ask them to do this for my next suit.
Kick tape at hem. Squint and you'll see it.

Hope this was informative! Again, their website is www.baronboutique.com.

Looks good, any chance of getting a shot with the vest as well (the hardest part to fit correctly, so my greatest concern)? I am still in the market for a new three-piece and if the suits are as good as you say, I could get two for what I otherwise would have paid for one. I was already going to get a navy blue pinstripe; maybe a charcoal as well....hmmm...

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
They have pinstripe, but only in mink cashmere, wool cashmere, linen, and limited selection in some other fabrics from what I've seen. I think the cashmere fabrics' grade is something like Super 110's. I'd ask them. Note that with every other suit (aside from the wedding suits) that a vest is extra (price depends on fabric). It's a bonus with the tropical wool. If you're concerned about the vest, specify what length you want to them. Here's a couple pictures to sate your appetite...
vestpants1.jpg
vestpants2.jpg
EDIT: Yes, edmorel, simply put it in Other Instructions. That's where you'd also specify the cut, hand padded spec, etc. I just manually type out the suit options so I can put in things like side buckles so they can read it there and write it down as they go. For example, "plain waistband with side adjuster buckles." I try to be a good customer to work with.
smile.gif
Anything you're unsure of, write to them at customerservice[at]baronboutique[dot]com. Keep in mind though they've done work for Duende Bespoke Couture, so I doubt anything special you'd ask for hasn't been heard of. Still, if you have a picture of what you want, it helps a bunch if you wanted say... a specific shape of pocket flaps or something.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have pinstripe, but only in mink cashmere, wool cashmere, linen, and limited selection in some other fabrics from what I've seen. I think the cashmere fabrics' grade is something like Super 110's. Note that with every other suit (aside from the wedding suits) that a vest is extra (price depends on fabric). It's a bonus with the tropical wool. I'd ask them about it. If you're concerned about the vest, specify what length you want to them. Here's a couple pictures to sate your appetite...

vestpants1.jpg

vestpants2.jpg

Thanks. I was looking at the vest chart, #5-7 and 9 were truly frightning, and a few others were definately out there. I would go for 3 myself, most likely, but I am still trying to get the guts to attempt pulling off a lapelled vest, like #12...or maybe #8 if it was a "Country" suit; but this will definatly be a suit for business, i.e. big meetings, presentations etc. By the way, where/ when does a guy your age get occasion to suit up to this level-or are you just trying to stand out from the herd?
smile.gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For my black-tie events I have been wearing a Medal from the Coronation of King Mahendra of Nepal in 1955, to protest against the Maoists. As I see it, if they gain power they will likely shut off the country and such tailors like Baron's will not be available.

One of my great aunts had attended the coronation.

In my opinion, I feel the jacket is slightly too long.

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
Apart from the aforementioned sleeve length, this suit looks excellent Jovan.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Trying to get jobs at offices and such doing clerical work, etc. Plus, I just want some suits that I can call my own and will have available when I need one. I'll eventually get a dinner suit from them too, so at weddings and such I won't have to rent. Most of the vest choices are indeed "truly frightening" as you put it. I'm pretty sure they're for a classic Nehru suit though, as opposed to ones with lapels that we're used to. Vest 3 is what I'm getting as well... great minds think alike. Or did you just get the idea from my first post?
tongue.gif
LabelKing: Getting the length fixed in my next suit as well. With guys like me being 6'1, it can be a difficult game to get the length right and not look too long, especially with all these different rules for the "correct length." Just at the bottom of the buttocks is imperically where it should be, right?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Can't tell on my monitor if the jacket is too long since the dark color all blends in together for me....but it looks good from what I can see Jovan. Damn that is a cheap price, might be worth experimenting with. Thanks for testing the waters

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
No problem, Jason. The jacket is admittedly a tad too long, and I think it looks that way especially with the sleeves being a tad too short.

EDIT - LabelKing: Forgot to say, but thanks for showing your support against them. Baron Boutique has many customers worldwide, and that would definitely do them a disservice.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No problem, Jason. The jacket is admittedly a tad too long, and I think it looks that way especially with the sleeves being a tad too short.

EDIT - LabelKing: Forgot to say, but thanks for showing your support against them. Baron Boutique has many customers worldwide, and that would definitely do them a disservice.

That is true. Guerilla Communist governments aren't my favorite.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads