1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

New bespoke suit...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jovan, Jun 2, 2006.

1. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

Real nice. I guess for anything not on the order form (3 to 2 roll for example), you would simply write a note in the comment box?

2. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

They have pinstripe, but only in mink cashmere, wool cashmere, linen, and limited selection in some other fabrics from what I've seen. I think the cashmere fabrics' grade is something like Super 110's. I'd ask them. Note that with every other suit (aside from the wedding suits) that a vest is extra (price depends on fabric). It's a bonus with the tropical wool. If you're concerned about the vest, specify what length you want to them. Here's a couple pictures to sate your appetite... [​IMG] [​IMG] EDIT: Yes, edmorel, simply put it in Other Instructions. That's where you'd also specify the cut, hand padded spec, etc. I just manually type out the suit options so I can put in things like side buckles so they can read it there and write it down as they go. For example, "plain waistband with side adjuster buckles." I try to be a good customer to work with. [​IMG] Anything you're unsure of, write to them at customerservice[at]baronboutique[dot]com. Keep in mind though they've done work for Duende Bespoke Couture, so I doubt anything special you'd ask for hasn't been heard of. Still, if you have a picture of what you want, it helps a bunch if you wanted say... a specific shape of pocket flaps or something.

3. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Well-Known Member

They have pinstripe, but only in mink cashmere, wool cashmere, linen, and limited selection in some other fabrics from what I've seen. I think the cashmere fabrics' grade is something like Super 110's. Note that with every other suit (aside from the wedding suits) that a vest is extra (price depends on fabric). It's a bonus with the tropical wool. I'd ask them about it. If you're concerned about the vest, specify what length you want to them. Here's a couple pictures to sate your appetite...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks. I was looking at the vest chart, #5-7 and 9 were truly frightning, and a few others were definately out there. I would go for 3 myself, most likely, but I am still trying to get the guts to attempt pulling off a lapelled vest, like #12...or maybe #8 if it was a "Country" suit; but this will definatly be a suit for business, i.e. big meetings, presentations etc. By the way, where/ when does a guy your age get occasion to suit up to this level-or are you just trying to stand out from the herd?
    [​IMG]

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

For my black-tie events I have been wearing a Medal from the Coronation of King Mahendra of Nepal in 1955, to protest against the Maoists. As I see it, if they gain power they will likely shut off the country and such tailors like Baron's will not be available.

One of my great aunts had attended the coronation.

In my opinion, I feel the jacket is slightly too long.

5. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Well-Known Member

Apart from the aforementioned sleeve length, this suit looks excellent Jovan.

6. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

Trying to get jobs at offices and such doing clerical work, etc. Plus, I just want some suits that I can call my own and will have available when I need one. I'll eventually get a dinner suit from them too, so at weddings and such I won't have to rent. Most of the vest choices are indeed "truly frightening" as you put it. I'm pretty sure they're for a classic Nehru suit though, as opposed to ones with lapels that we're used to. Vest 3 is what I'm getting as well... great minds think alike. Or did you just get the idea from my first post? [​IMG] LabelKing: Getting the length fixed in my next suit as well. With guys like me being 6'1, it can be a difficult game to get the length right and not look too long, especially with all these different rules for the "correct length." Just at the bottom of the buttocks is imperically where it should be, right?

7. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

Can't tell on my monitor if the jacket is too long since the dark color all blends in together for me....but it looks good from what I can see Jovan. Damn that is a cheap price, might be worth experimenting with. Thanks for testing the waters

8. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

No problem, Jason. The jacket is admittedly a tad too long, and I think it looks that way especially with the sleeves being a tad too short.

EDIT - LabelKing: Forgot to say, but thanks for showing your support against them. Baron Boutique has many customers worldwide, and that would definitely do them a disservice.

9. LabelKing

No problem, Jason. The jacket is admittedly a tad too long, and I think it looks that way especially with the sleeves being a tad too short.

EDIT - LabelKing: Forgot to say, but thanks for showing your support against them. Baron Boutique has many customers worldwide, and that would definitely do them a disservice.

That is true. Guerilla Communist governments aren't my favorite.

10. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

Are they anybody's favourite?

11. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Well-Known Member

Apart from the aforementioned sleeve length, this suit looks excellent Jovan.

Sleeves looks ok to me. Nice gears..

12. MrDaniels

Vest 3 is what I'm getting as well... great minds think alike. Or did you just get the idea from my first post? [​IMG]

I had seen that! But it still would have been ny first choice! The high-stance one was a little too hip, I am definately going for the classic look here.
    [​IMG]

How many suits do you have then? When I was your age I only had one, and I would be ashamed to tell you where I got it from!

13. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

Which high stance one? You can ask them to do a special request vest if you like, and specify how high you want the fastening, etc. Men's Wearhouse? [​IMG] I own two suits, one is my first from JC Penney gotten as a high school grad gift; two button, unvented, BLACK fused... thing by Stafford. Second is the one I got from Baron.

14. grimslade

grimslade Well-Known Member

Chris Dodd, Senator from Connecticut?

15. LabelKing

I can think of a few.

16. LabelKing

17. MrDaniels

Which high stance one? You can ask them to do a special request vest if you like, and specify how high you want the fastening, etc.

Men's Wearhouse? [​IMG] I own two suits, one is my first from JC Penney gotten as a high school grad gift; two button, unvented, BLACK fused... thing by Stafford. Second is the one I got from Baron.

Lucky for me and all persons with a polyester allergy, The Men's Wearhouse had not quite grown to the size of Evil Empire when I was your age. But I am afraid my high school going into college-aged suit was from SEARS! [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

SEARS is a lot less objectionable. [​IMG]

19. Duveen

Duveen Well-Known Member

SEARS is a lot less objectionable. [​IMG]

Now that SEARS is a high-end Italian clothing line as well as a more pedestrian retailer, you can blur the issue...

20. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member