• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Never diddle the secretary:A public service announcement from GQGeek

Bunter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Like I said, this isn't the first time she's given me extreme attitude, and I've always held it in, but sometimes even the most cool-headed guy can be pushed to his limits.

Do you guys really think that no matter what a "lady" (and I use the term loosely for someone that behaves as she did) does that you should always just take it?

Mate, I don't know how old you are but in my lifetime, I have never called a bird a "little .....", even after 10 pints. Understand to some women this language is a verbal slap. You seem like a nice bloke and I'm not trying to take the piss out of you as I'm no Mr. Clean myself but I know in this situation the only option is to walk away.

Bunter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
not at all - I would have no problem hitting a woman, if I needed to.

You should be ashamed, only a real wanker ************. I hope this isn't what they taught in the IDF.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We'll see. I might appologize tomorrow before the owners get in to try and smooth things over. Maybe she won't be as hormonal tomorrow and she'll accept the apology and leave it at that :p

I don't really feel like I owe her one, but just to keep the situation from boiling-over I'm considering swallowing my pride. The owners were in a meeting with the doors closed when it happened so they didn't hear it first-hand even though others did.

Unfortunately the only thing most people heard was her screaming at the top of her lungs "don't you ever call me a *****!" The reception desk is in a room off from the elevators. She yelled it once in there and then went out to the hall to yell it again so that more people would hear her the second time. She was completely psychotic heh.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
not at all - I would have no problem hitting a woman, if I needed to.

Wow gt. Are you serious?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bunter
You should be ashamed, only a real wanker ************. I hope this isn't what they taught in the IDF.

In general I wouldn't agree with it, but I have a feeling GT would have to be pushed pretty far since he's always seemed like a very good-natured guy to me.

What would you do if a crackhead woman was attacking you on the metro(where you couldn't just walk away)? I actually saw this happen on a 1am train a couple of months back. For no reason she started picking a fight with a random guy. He tried ignoring her but she wouldn't let-up. She had actually followed him from the platform onto the train. She started throwing stuff at him and pulling at his clothes trying to instigate him and eventually started kicking him (although tiny little crackhead kicks heh). She was TRYING to get him to hit her. He had done absolutely nothing to provoke her. He took a lot of **** and gave her several warnings before he finally threw her on the ground. Nobody objected and I'm pretty sure everybody was pretty happy to see her get what was coming to her.

God help any woman that messes with MY clothes!

Bunter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
In general I wouldn't agree with it, but I have a feeling GT would have to be pushed pretty far since he's always seemed like a very good-natured guy to me.

What would you do if a crackhead woman was attacking you on the metro(where you couldn't just walk away)?...

Maybe I'm wrong but it didn't seem like the most extreme situation (crackhead...) was implied in his post.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
What's with all this mortification over potentially striking someone who's female? GT said he'd have no problem doing it "if [he] needed to", and while this may be a stupid assumption, on reading GT's posts over the last few months I'm pretty sure that he's talking about imminent bodily harm.

Am I the only person who finds this revulsion at the idea of hitting a woman sexist? I'm dead serious here. If someone is actively trying to hurt me, then unless there's really, truly no serious danger to me, I'm willing to hit them. It's simple self-defense. Unless you think that women are simply not capable of being physical threats (in which case I submit that you just haven't met the right women), this should go just as much for women as for men.

On the other hand, if someone's not actually threatening you, it doesn't matter whether they're a woman or a man. In any case, I don't see how gender matters at all.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
What's with all this mortification over potentially striking someone who's female? GT said he'd have no problem doing it "if [he] needed to", and while this may be a stupid assumption, on reading GT's posts over the last few months I'm pretty sure that he's talking about imminent bodily harm.

Am I the only person who finds this revulsion at the idea of hitting a woman sexist? I'm dead serious here. If someone is actively trying to hurt me, then unless there's really, truly no serious danger to me, I'm willing to hit them. It's simple self-defense. Unless you think that women are simply not capable of being physical threats (in which case I submit that you just haven't met the right women), this should go just as much for women as for men.

On the other hand, if someone's not actually threatening you, it doesn't matter whether they're a woman or a man. In any case, I don't see how gender matters at all.

I think it's partly a community thing. People posting here want to be liked and thought of as "gentlemen", even if it is just the internet. Advocating the use of violence against women (and in some cases that term is used in a very liberal context) is not something that generally reconciles with gentlemanly behavior. Nor does calling one a ***** for that matter.

I'd like to think we're beyond that here and I admire gt for sticking his neck out ;p

Bunter

Reaction score
What's with all this mortification over potentially striking someone who's female?

Maybe it has to do with the not so uncommon occurrence of a bloke coming home from the pub to slap his wife around for a couple hours.

It's taboo, aye mate? Talk about mortification on the children's faces...

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hormone might be the key here. perhaps she's taking something that givers her mood swings? or perhaps its the 1st day of her 'time of the month'? in any case, why don't you send a picture of her and let us be the judge of this.
smile.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bunter
Maybe it has to do with the not so uncommon occurrence of a bloke coming home from the pub to slap his wife around for a couple hours. It's taboo, aye mate? Talk about mortification on the children’s faces...
Except that we're not talking about that unfortunately common occurence. I am 100% sure that everyone who has posted so far is against beating one's spouse. Taboos are nothing but institutionalized irrationality. Actions need reasons. EDIT: Sorry to get off-topic, GQG. I wish you the best tomorrow--that's a horrible situation to be in. At least you know that other people have had it worse, like Tokyo Slim. Not saying that's a comfort, per se.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Am I the only person who finds this revulsion at the idea of hitting a woman sexist?

No you are not. To extend this, I have no problem using fantastic language with a woman (or man) who deserves it. I don't treat women like they're delicate, helpless little creatures made of spun sugar.

Eeeeeeeeeeexactly.

Bunter

Reaction score
Except that we're not talking about that unfortunately common occurence. .

What are we talking about mate? One minute it's about a "little ...." in the office raising her voice, the next it's GT saying "I would have no problem hitting a woman, if I needed to." Aye. Excuse me if to my resident of Britain ear "needed to" didn't come off as self defense, especially in context of the discussion. Often I've needed a pint but I can't think of one instance in my life that I needed to hit a woman

I am 100% sure that everyone who has posted so far is against beating one's spouse.

I hope so mate, I hope so...

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood globe. The impression I got is that he applies the same standards to hitting a woman that he would to hitting a man, not that he'll just hit his wife if he feels like it. One is abuse; the other is equality.

That is, at least, how I feel about it. Hitting a woman is no more wrong than hitting a man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads