1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. foodguy

foodguy Well-Known Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    WTF? I must have been out of it yesterday. Didn't even know they had a game to play. Completely missed it. [​IMG]

Oh well..glad we got the W.

oh man. hate to say it, but it was a great finish. down 7 with 2 minutes left, won by 5 in OT. my wife went to sleep at half time, but i've got it dvred.

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

WTF? I must have been out of it yesterday. Didn't even know they had a game to play. Completely missed it. [​IMG]

yes you missed a GREAT game. dam kobe went off inthe last 2 minutes.
    i figured we lost teh game when we were down by 9 in the last few minutes
    (knowing our tendencies this season)

oh man. hate to say it, but it was a great finish. down 7 with 2 minutes left, won by 5 in OT. my wife went to sleep at half time, but i've got it dvred.
    kobe is the king. this guy won't retire for another few years. who other 15 year veteran can do this sort of thing and take control of a game in the last few minutes? and see how pryzbilla wants to knock out kobe's head? kobe's teammates better get his back.

3. venessian

venessian Well-Known Member

LAC just dumped Baron Davis' corpse on Cleveland for Mo Williams.

Cleveland is just crazy. I mean, Dan Gilbert is just crazy. MoWill must be hoppin' for joy....

4. venessian

that was a nice win. felt like a playoff game. am i just a hopeless homer or did it seem like the lakes got reamed by the refs. there were 3-4 totally inexplicable calls that went against them -- the out-of-bounds tap that turned into a momentum-changing 3 in the first quarter, kobe's "flagrant", the double-T on gasol when aldridge threw the ball at him, plus 3-4 times when either gasol or kobe were just massacred on shots with no call. that the lakes could survive that ... on the road ... against a hot team ... in PORTLAND. good win
    Yeah, there were some really bad calls. Bad one on LO too. Very good win, though.

Good game. Hell of a finish. The Mamba was mad. Don't make the Mamba mad.

5. foodguy

Good game. Hell of a finish. The Mamba was mad. Don't make the Mamba mad.
    kobe was a beast, but the thing i liked best about it was that it wasn't one of those games where he held the ball for 23 seconds and then made an impossible shot (fun as those are). pau and artest both contributed, lo, too, and kobe was getting shots in the offense. that jumper with 4 1/2 ... he ran the curl off the pick, took the ball and was wide open inside the key. he got a lot of points down the stretch just because they inbounded the ball to him and he got fouled. in fact, just checked the play by play ... kobe only made one fg in ot ... lamar got one, artest got one, gasol got two. really balanced in clutch time.

6. venessian

^ Very true.
    Artest drives me crazy because every once in awhile he'll put together an excellent game like last night.
    That play you mentioned: curl, pass from LO at the top of the key to Kobe inside the FT line, was a very nice play.

7. venessian

Whoa!!!

Celtics sending Perkins to OKC for Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic.

Didn't see that one coming....

8. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Celtics just got better, why the hell would OKC trade Jeff Green? Dude has so much potential and still very young. WTF! Yeah I'm mad!
    OKC doesn't need Nate as back-up PG, Harden is good enough.

9. sho'nuff

Celtics just got better, why the hell would OKC trade Jeff Green? Dude has so much potential and still very young. WTF! Yeah I'm mad!
    OKC doesn't need Nate as back-up PG, Harden is good enough.

serious? dam they just got better beef up in frontcourt. perkins would never be the same anyways after the injury.

hope shaq and jermaine (and rasheed) stays down for the playoffs duration.

10. venessian

What is OKC doing?

They get Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson for Jeff Green (a true young stud in their system) and Nenad Krstic.

And now they get Nazr Mohammed from Charlotte for D.J. White and Mo Peterson.

I don't get it. Are they intent on becoming less athletic? I thought that was their advantage in the West. Then again, Presti is no idiot.

Rockets: Battier to Memphis for Thabeet. Hmmmm....

11. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Trades happening everywhere.

12. sho'nuff

are some teams just trading for the sake of trading? like us, we buy stuff on gilt or bid on ebay just because of the thrill?

i dont get this on bobcats' side.

and this one too...

13. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Well-Known Member

Well, this bodes well for the Celtics now and in the long run, especially given Green and Krstic's youth. That said, I'm extremely sad to see Perk go. The injury might have changed his game for good, but he was a great defender and a core member of the team. I guess it's just a business after all.

14. foodguy

are some teams just trading for the sake of trading? like us, we buy stuff on gilt or bid on ebay just because of the thrill?

i think to a certain extent, there's an "act busy" motivation. that and the constant need to "tweak"

15. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

So many trades going on got me all pumped man! Shit is insane!!!!! [​IMG]

16. foodguy

So many trades going on got me all pumped man! Shit is insane!!!!! [​IMG]

yeah, there's that, too. gets the fan base all geared up when interest may be slipping after 4 months of basketball.

17. sho'nuff

CRAP!!!!

and also...

18. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

AP NEWS- KOBE TRADED FOR DWAYNE WADE and 2 FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS

CRAP!!!!

What you did there... I don't see it...

19. venessian

What you did there... I don't see it...

Come on. you don't actually believe that do you?

Also, apparently the Mayo-McRoberts deal didn't happen.

20. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Well-Known Member

oj mayo to pacers pending league approval that trade happened before the deadline