• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
god, i hate these F***ers....

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
here's the profile piece... his granddad is hilarious... totally country.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

thanks for posting this

he seems like a nice humble dude. would love to just have a beer with him

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
god, i hate these F***ers....

Makes you look like an asshole to make fun of a dude who is torching you every night, but whatever.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this really has been a classic series. great shots, great defense, great strategy. lots of heart on both sides (well, wade anyway). that fourth quarter sequence where lbj repeatedly drove, then hit the cutter when the double came was gorgeous. just like the two games before when the mavs went zone and totally befuddled miami. i'd rather see that kind of stuff than thunder dunks any night. f*cking Terry. that 3 at the end was unconscious.
i still don't know how the thing will end. part of me can't believe that miami is going to continue to sleepwalk through the next two games at home. and that dallas can stay so incredibly hot. but they did it against hte lakers, so maybe so?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is it messed up that i ask my kids to pray that lebron and dwade die? wade is a ******* ***** too. his babies have two mommies. ******* lil *****

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
Makes you look like an asshole to make fun of a dude who is torching you every night, but whatever.

why do they keep pulling their shirts over their mouths?

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know, maybe suggesting that they are contagious and that nobody should breathe their air?

Anyway, *******. They got their just desserts the last two games. One more game should be enough.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
is it messed up that i ask my kids to pray that lebron and dwade die? wade is a ******* ***** too. his babies have two mommies. ******* lil *****
What about Bosh?
bosh-tongue21.gif
eZ6hP.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is hard for him to talk smack with a mouth full of ballz

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I've got a dog in this fight, so maybe I'm biased, but someone back me up on this; best finals in at least a decade...
Originally Posted by ibleedwhite
yeah this is exciting stuff. every game has come down to the last few mins.
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
redface.gif
I just wish they weren't so damned dramatic about it. I'd like to see them blow one out in game 6 and get this over with.

This series has been too epic to end in 6. It has to end on a last second play in overtime. Dirk, signature fadeaway over Lebron and Wade's heads, to win by 1.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by foodguy
this really has been a classic series. great shots, great defense, great strategy. lots of heart on both sides (well, wade anyway). that fourth quarter sequence where lbj repeatedly drove, then hit the cutter when the double came was gorgeous. just like the two games before when the mavs went zone and totally befuddled miami. i'd rather see that kind of stuff than thunder dunks any night. f*cking Terry. that 3 at the end was unconscious. i still don't know how the thing will end. part of me can't believe that miami is going to continue to sleepwalk through the next two games at home. and that dallas can stay so incredibly hot. but they did it against hte lakers, so maybe so?
I honestly think this may be the best NBA Finals series I've ever seen and I've been watching them for almost 40 years. I've seen better individual games, but these games just go down to the wire. I think it will go seven games, but I'm no longer convinced Miami will win. GO MAVS!!
Originally Posted by grundletaint
...i think lebron's a little lost right now because he's used to being the #1 guy on the team and wade is clearly OWNING that role right now and lebron just doesn't know how to sit back and be a team facilitator even though he's trying. he's completely out of his element and should have stepped the **** up the second wade went to the locker room. that and spoelstra is a mediocre coach. i think he may be the wade phillips of the NBA. take a mediocre coach, surround him with some pricy primadonnas, and sit back with the LULZ when they don't do the job themselves and he's stuck with the same stupid look on his face for an entire game because he can't figure out how to manage his damn team.
LeBron didn't have a bad game last night (17 pts., 10 boards, 10 assists), but it wasn't what we expect from "King James" and it obviously wasn't enough to win. I wouldn't vilify him for it if only he had a normal sized ego... Spoelstra really isn't a bad coach, his team just isn't executing in crunch time...like when Wade bobbled the in-bounds pass on the game's last play and had to heave the ball to Miller for a desperation 3-pointer. I'm just guessing here, but I don't think it was the play Spoelstra drew up during the timeout.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
these guys will not listent to some video production coordinator lil twat who cant make a left hand layup. spoelstra can suck it

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
Spoelstra really isn't a bad coach, his team just isn't executing in crunch time...like when Wade bobbled the in-bounds pass on the game's last play and had to heave the ball to Miller for a desperation 3-pointer. I'm just guessing here, but I don't think it was the play Spoelstra drew up during the timeout.

i don't think he's a bad coach, either. but i don't think you can discount the job carlisle and the mavs are doing defensively in forcing that lack of execution. if wade hadn't been looking over his shoulder to see whether he was going to get hit with a man, a double-team, or a zone, he might have made the catch. i thought games 3 and 4, particularly the end-game, was a real chess match. and miami got a bit of it back in game 5 with those tough pick and rolls off lebron. just great basketball on every level. unless, of course, the heat wins and then it will have been an utter travesty.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watching these finals really makes me amazed at how easy Michael Jordan made it look during his runs.

I was only a youngster back then and wasn't able to truly comprehend the challenges and took his ability for granted. Really eye opening to see how other greats struggle.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to break my own rule a little bit and say that as triple-doubles go, that was about the weakest one I've ever seen. He pretty much disappeared in the 4th again. His only points in the 4th was a dunk in the last minute or so, where Dallas had a lead and weren't about to get a foul so they just let him go in uncontested. They needed LaBron to step up with Wade's injury and he went AWOL again in the 4th.

My opinion of LaBron has really changed in this series. The Dallas defense has really exposed some key weaknesses in his game...no low post moves AT ALL, for example. With a body like his he should be able to back someone down in the post. He can do that, but once he gets there, he's got nothing and winds up having to pass out of it.

I'm befuddled by his complete absence in the 4th quarter of every game. Was looking at a few numbers last night.
  • Dirk has 135 points in the series, 52 of them (39%) in the 4th.
  • Wade has 142 points, 40 of them (28%) in the 4th.
  • Bosh has 92 points, 20 of them (22%) in the 4th.
  • Terry has 78 points, 24 of them (31%) in the 4th.
  • LeBron has 86 points, 11 of them (13%) in the 4th and almost half of those came in game #1.

LBJ's averaging 2.2 points in the 4th quarter for the series, but averaging only 1.5 points in the 4th over the past 4 games.

That is shocking to me.

Again, I keep expecting him to go off for 50 some game and just put the Heat on his back. Not sure what's going on.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A little more complete picture of LBJ's 4th quarter:

2 points on 4 shot attempts (2 of the misses were 3 pointers). The goal he did score was actually a layup with 29.6 seconds left that cut the Mavs lead to 5. As I said before, Dallas just let him drive rather than commit a foul and put him on the line.

3 rebounds (none in the last 7 minutes of the game)

4 assists (none in the last 6 minutes of the game)

2 Fouls, 1 of which was a charge that was his only turnover in the 4th.

No free throw attempts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics