1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

the amount of money people have given to TOJ is insane

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

Eh, I've ordered three pieces (a varsity and 2 leathers) so maybe ~$1,800 but this was during its heyday. As good as their product is, no way I'd feel comfortable dropping $2,000 in one go. In that sense, it is nuts.

3. indesertum

gsw clearly has a gameplan (let lebron shoot. noticed guys staying back and going under screens), but lebron's vision is amazing, cleveland defense is surprisingly really good, gsw missing open shots, kyrie looks healthy

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  4. Neo_Version 7

Iggy wide open under the basket and kicking it out to a dude 18 feet away.....

1 person likes this.
  5. indesertum

smh. bogut passed up a dunk for a klay 3. i guess getting him in rhythm is pretty important

6. Neo_Version 7

Yeah GSW kicking it out in lieu of sure 2 points...very odd if any other team but ehh

7. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Well a few plays later he got fed by Curry for an open dunk, and lost the ball on the gather. Guess there was a good reason

1 person likes this.
  8. indesertum

why barnes on lebron? cuz he can't defensive rebounds over tristan like draymond can?

god i hate this cavs offense so much. iso after iso

9. rnoldh

rnoldh Well-Known Member

Great game. I have no dog in the fight. Tied after 3. Logically GS has an edge at home, but LeBron might be ready for a big 4th. Could go either way.

10. indesertum

warriors bench could all start for the sixers

every goddamn possession is lebron ISO, mozgov or TT offensive rebound, then lebron ISO again

as much shit as blatt gets he's still a pretty damn good coach. they're trying to get that switch with curry on lebron so hard

SUCK IT LEBRON

11. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

:lol: nice OT chump. 44 points on 38 shots… keep it up Bron Bron… the Dubs can't wait to celebrate!

1 person likes this.
  12. Neo_Version 7

GSW really loves going for the highlight plays at home -- for better or worse.

Indie, were you nervous at the 2 chances Cavs had to win the game at the buzzer (LBJ and Shump if I remember correctly)????

I woulda been as mad as hell if either of those shots went it haha

1 person likes this.
  13. indesertum

i was super nervous especially at the shump shot and the irving block on curry

14. Neo_Version 7

Two points in OT for the Cavs though??

Easy internet troll answer will be "LBJ choked" (which I don't mind) but that GSW small-ball blitz had a lot to do with it.

15. indesertum

honestly the amount of defense they get out of that small ball team is insane. and they're unstoppable on offense. i notice kerr always go to them in crunch time

1 person likes this.
  16. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Well-Known Member

Pretty stressful to watch as a warriors fan when we are the favorites. Thought Bron had the edge going into the stretch run with Dray close to fouling out and the Warriors relatively flat so needless to say I was ecstatic about overtime. Sorry to see that Kyrie might be hurt. Maybe Bogut too? Not sure what happened there and Kerr hasn't said anything yet in post-game.

If Klay or Steph can start hitting threes I just don't think Lebron would have much of a chance to win even with Tristan Thompson clearing offensive boards like he's playing against kids.

17. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I should have thought of it earlier, but now that Cleveland is reduced to iso-Bron (even more so now that Kyrie appears to be pretty hurt), the Warriors are ideally suited to defend him. They can switch Iggy, Klay and Green on him - all of whom can bother him (yes I know he scored 44 but it wasn't efficient). Even Barnes can step in from time to time.

Only problem is that the Cavs will kill them all series on the boards

1 person likes this.
  18. Neo_Version 7

I'm actually hesitant to call them small ball considering their deceptively crazy length :marchal:

Great contributions from Iggy this game (Green goes without saying...five fouls and still getting shit done)

1 person likes this.
  19. indesertum

still relatively efficient 18/38 (47%) is pretty good especially for a volume shooter. like 1 shot off from 50%

20. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member