• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
pretty sure he was joking

edit: lol

iunno. gortat shouldn't have gotten a 5 year contract. 2, 3 at most

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hopefully, Gortat's signing guarantees the Wiz at least two more years of 1st round playoff losses.

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
They lost in the 2nd round to the Pacers this past year.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Washington isn't getting any good free agents on the open market. and they gave up a grip to trade for Gortat. they needed to keep him and knew they were going to overpay

edit - an expiring okafor contract and a protected first. so not really that much given up in the trade. my memory is faulty

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My bad. Losing in the second round is nothing to scoff at

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised that there's less focus and reporting about what Pau Gasol is going to do. maybe it's different for you guys in LA

Melo and Lebron are a lot more likely to stay with their existing teams, but Pau is very available and willing to play for less money. if he signed with OKC, San Antonio or (ahem) Miami, he immediately makes his new team the favorite to win by a mile

Last edited:

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thabo Sefolosha signs with Atlanta for 3 years, $12 mil.

Hopefully this means Reggie Jackson gets bumped into the starting lineup and Westbrook is now the 2-guard.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm kind of surprised that there's less focus and reporting about what Pau Gasol is going to do. maybe it's different for you guys in LA

Melo and Lebron are a lot more likely to stay with their existing teams, but Pau is very available and willing to play for less money. if he signed with OKC, San Antonio or (ahem) Miami, he immediately makes his new team the favorite to win by a mile

good point. i'm anxiously awaiting, but i'm a laker (and pau) fan from way back. that's part of pau's deal, though. he's not a marquee name, though he's a great player. in fact, except for lebron (who, as much as you might hate him, is pretty undeniable), i'd argue that pau is the free agent this year most likely to transform the team that gets him. I hope he stays.

ruzzi

Reaction score
Early picks for ROY outside... Wiggins / Parker / Exum or a darkhorse?

Randle and Payton look like they'll could get a tonne of burn.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thabo Sefolosha signs with Atlanta for 3 years, $12 mil.

Hopefully this means Reggie Jackson gets bumped into the starting lineup and Westbrook is now the 2-guard.

sefolosha is basically a cardboard cutout

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
mavs got to keep dirk for $30 million for 3 years.

seriously?????? thats such an incredible bargain. imo dirk was better than aldridge last year and aldridge is about to get paid $15 mill this year

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that's not fair, lol.

it also sounds like a good template for the kind of contract that Wade and Bosh should sign ;)

interesting that Dirk signed before seeing what Cubes and Carlisle did with the cap space. I guess he trusts them that much to improve the team significantly (perhaps the Chandler trade felt like a good enough upgrade)

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you guys are funny. where the **** was dirk going to go at 36? he has a ring, has made plenty of money and is loyal.mav for life.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
he still would've been a top free agent if he weren't so tied to the mavs. he was amazing last year. actually he's just amazing. his one legged step back jumper is still unblockable and i swear he hustles more on defense than melo

i'm really excited for next season tho

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
one of my favorites ever but he will never leave dallas. 2nd best coach in the game, great owner, they just have missed out on some key signings. outside shot at melo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads