• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My First Made To Measure Shirt from Luxire. Photos

SForStyle

Reaction score
Hi, I finally got my very first custom tailored shirt from luxire. I really love the material.
The shirt fitting looks good to me, shoulders and mid section looks a bit loose i guess,
can someone please advice on what measurements adjustments I should send to Luxire in order to get a better fitting of my next shirt. Thanks :)

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the shirt on straight? One shoulder looks lower than the other.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That shirt looks like cheap polyester one would pick up at Walmart. Completely bleh.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That shirt looks like cheap polyester one would pick up at Walmart. Completely bleh.

Apologies for jumping in. This shirt is 100% cotton, fabric made by a very renowned European mill, Monti.

Black thread runs through the warp and maroon through the weft, woven to bring out the dual tone, giving it that luster which I have not come across often in cotton.

It is our most popular evening shirt and people have made repeat orders for the same fabric shirt, something does not happen with shirts of this color and type.

Hi, I finally got my very first custom tailored shirt from luxire. I really love the material.
The shirt fitting looks good to me, shoulders and mid section looks a bit loose i guess,
can someone please advice on what measurements adjustments I should send to Luxire in order to get a better fitting of my next shirt. Thanks :)

Dear SForStyle: We will make some alterations to pattern for future orders.
The shoulder slope would change a bit
We would also decrease the yoke by 0.5" on both sides.
We will also discuss the waist measurement.

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So he'll have to suck it up and continue wearing that poorly made first shirt? Is that... what did I read?... oh yeah... "Unmatched Quality and Workmanship"?

Can't he send it back for corrections?

Last edited:

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies for jumping in. This shirt is 100% cotton, fabric made by a very renowned European mill, Monti.

Black thread runs through the warp and maroon through the weft, woven to bring out the dual tone, giving it that luster which I have not come across often in cotton.

It is our most popular evening shirt and people have made repeat orders for the same fabric shirt, something does not happen with shirts of this color and type.

The shoulder slope would change a bit
We would also decrease the yoke by 0.5" on both sides.
We will also discuss the waist measurement.
In Summary "Come At Me Bro" :p
P.S.
I couldn't resist don't hate on me I'm new :)
Yours Faithfully
TehFunnyBunny

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So he'll have to suck it up and continue wearing that poorly made first shirt? Is that... what did I read?... oh yeah... "Unmatched Quality and Workmanship"?
Can't he send it back for corrections?

He absolutely can Curzon.

Our policy is simple: If unhappy with the fit of the shirt, it can be sent to us for free alterations. Also, it is applicable for all orders, not just the first.

That is the case even if the shirt was made exactly to the buyer's specifications, which SForStyle can confirm in this case.

As for the "Unmatched Quality and Workmanship", it is a fact which is being said in numerous posts on this very forum and on blogs and reviews outside of here.

We can also add "Unmatched customer service" and it be the supreme truth.

Last edited:

SForStyle

Reaction score
As mentioned earlier I am very much happy with the fabric , just wanted some alteration of yoke by 0.5, which Luxire is happy to alter it.

Looking at the service and the quality of fabric I have ordered two more shirts from Luxire...so will make sure i post some photos of my next shirt soon :) more then happy to have your feedback on it.

Last edited:

SForStyle

Reaction score
I took a tape and measured the shirt. The measurements are spot on. So I guess it is me who needs to literally tighten up things here :)

BTW, I received an email from Luxire explaining the process to get it altered with detailed feedback on the fit.

What we read on the forum about customer service indeed seems true.

StumpjumperE

Reaction score
Good to hear they're willing to make it right. I'm not crazy about the overall looks of the shirt (color, sheen etc) so it's difficult for me to comment on it (no offense, just my opinion). I do have to say that the fit of it doesn't appear to be any better than shirts I've bought off the rack, but maybe part of custom made is the way the fit feels to the wearer.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks dreadful, poor cloth and ill-sized, burn it and thanks for advising everyone where not to go.

It would appear that adverse publicity makes a supplier rush...

Last edited:

Ricini

Reaction score
I agree that you should have the length of the yoke reduced between 1/4 and 1/2 inch on each side for future shirts. The armhole also needs to be reduced.

In the future, it may also be worth considering where and when you'll be wearing any given shirt before selecting details. That is to say, the pocket and short sleeves are very casual and likely best for daytime in warm weather, but the color (and sheen) of the shirt is too dark for daytime in any season. The collar, unfortunately, only adds to the incongruence in that it appears to be spread and stiff and both are details for more formal shirts.

In any case, MTM is very tricky, take care.

Ricini

emptym

Reaction score

Looks dreadful, poor cloth and ill-sized, burn it and thanks for advising everyone where not to go.
It would appear that adverse publicity makes a supplier rush...

Now I'm starting to see why others call for your banning. What a silly evaluation of the situation.

The cloth is not something I'd wear now, but I could see it being appropriate for a younger guy at a club. In fact, I had a similar long-sleeved shirt once upon a time. :embar:

For a dress shirt, the fit is a little loose, imo. But it's a casual shirt, so I wouldn't take in the shoulders/yolk. The only thing I'd adjust to the fit is to provide some compensation for the uneven shoulders (which we all have). How exactly this can be done, is beyond my technical expertise. Despos or a tailor would provide expert advice if the OP would post the pic in the Tailors' Thread.

In any case, if the shirt was made to the customer's own measurements--which he confirms--then that's all one can reasonably expect from a MTM operation. But the fact that Luxire will provide free alterations even if the customer's instructions were followed to the T, is supererogatory imo. This is part of why I'm a fan.

Last edited:

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Now I'm starting to see why others call for your banning. What a silly evaluation of the situation.
The cloth is not something I'd wear now, but I could see it being appropriate for a younger guy at a club. In fact, I had a similar long-sleeved shirt once upon a time. :embar:
For a dress shirt, the fit is a little loose, imo. But it's a casual shirt, so I wouldn't take in the shoulders/yolk. The only thing I'd adjust to the fit is to provide some compensation for the uneven shoulders (which we all have). How exactly this can be done, is beyond my technical expertise. Despos or a tailor would provide expert advice if the OP would post the pic in the Tailors' Thread.
In any case, if the shirt was made to the customer's own measurements--which he confirms--then that's all one can reasonably expect from a MTM operation. But the fact that Luxire will provide free alterations even if the customer's instructions were followed to the T, is supererogatory imo. This is part of why I'm a fan.

+1

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll vouch for luxire, I have four of their shirts now. I'm happy with the quality and I've been doing mtm for years now so I don't typically have issues with measurements at this point, but it is something to be careful about when you first delve into mtm.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads