• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buddy has a givi topcase mounted on his k1200. I always thought it looked dumb but he's like a big brother to me so I keep my mouth shut. Sometimes.
rotflmao.gif

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that it is not the sexiest thing to put on a bike but I don't think it makes the bike look horrible. The convenience it offers far outweighs the ugliness factor.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that it is not the sexiest thing to put on a bike but I don't think it makes the bike look horrible. The convenience it offers far outweighs the ugliness factor.

I've got to admit it is convenient. We rode to the movies and I was going to lash my helmet to my bike (I hate doing that) but instead he took my helmet and put it in with his so I only had to carry my jacket in the theatre. That was cool.

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've got to admit it is convenient.  We rode to the movies and I was going to lash my helmet to my bike (I hate doing that) but instead he took my helmet and put it in with his so I only had to carry my jacket in the theatre.  That was cool.

Indeed.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought a Givi top case for my scooter a week ago and it's literally changed my life.

Yeah my lockable saddlebags have changed mine. Quick release is great too.

I'm curious, what kind of helmet locks do guys use on sport bikes? I have a chrome add-on for my cruiser that sits on my handlebars. I usually just put my helmet on my handlebar, loop a bike lock cable through it and secure it to the little lock.

Most cruiser riders around here have such cheap garbage helmets that they don't even lock them. I think they are *hoping* to get them stolen.

Last edited:

epb

Reaction score
Most of the time, I take mine with me. Friends have told stories of having stuff done to their helmets (one was full of Slurpee) on the bike here in the city, where the act of having something nicer than someone else means you're an undeserving piece of crap that has to be taken down a peg :rolleyes:. Away from the city proper, I use the locks Honda put on the bikes.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I use the helmet lock on my bike (when you unlock and open the seat, there is a hook inside for the strap so it can't be unhooked without unlocking the seat again).

Haven't yet had anything happen to it, but I partially base the decision on where it is left. When I leave it parked on the street at the office or at home, I bring it in with me.

When I'm stopped at the store or something, I'll usually leave it on the bike with the gloves stuffed inside. I guess if someone is really an ass, there are worse things they could do to my bike than screw with my $180 helmet. I will be cognizant of how I am parked though...if somebody is going to crunch their car into my helmet trying to get in/out of a spot, I will either turn the bike at a steeper angle or take the helmet with me.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's getting colder in Boston. Soon the leaves will drop like the flag that ends my riding season. But until then... Must grab every beautiful moment on these colorful New England roads.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna try and push riding season out as long as i can (and as long as the roads stay dry).

Anyone have good recommendations for winter gloves? they don't necessarily have to be heated but preferably gauntlet style.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a pair of Dainese that I sold that were really warm yet had a nice feel to them. They had a little sticky pads on the fingertips that offered precise control in what should have felt like a bulky glove. They were quite warm and kept feeling in my digits in below freezing weather. Can't remember the name of them but I see similar glove on their site. I ended up trading them for a pair of Helds which I ended up giving away (dumb)

Dainese Jerico

1815561_631_F_S.png

Last edited:

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's getting colder in Boston. Soon the leaves will drop like the flag that ends my riding season. But until then... Must grab every beautiful moment on these colorful New England roads.

I hear 'ya brother, this week is forecast to be in the low '90s, brrrr.:freeze:

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why everyone's freaking out about the KTM Superduke?

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've inherited a 1974 Yamaha 360 Enduro that I'd like to get back in working order. Anyone know of a good resource for manuals for older bikes like this?

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why everyone's freaking out about the KTM Superduke?

Powerful big twin, trellis frame, handled as well as a sportbike, easy to commute on, easy to tour on. The jack of all trades, master of all.

I see they decided go go with a single sided swingarm. I think they have Ducati concerned about losing Monster sales because Duc is going back to liquid cooled bikes for 2014 and is adding the 1198cc multistrada engine into the line as well

img_0_0_90.jpg

img_0_0_175.jpg

img_0_0_137.jpg

img_0_0_46.jpg

Last edited:

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm gonna try and push riding season out as long as i can (and as long as the roads stay dry).

Anyone have good recommendations for winter gloves? they don't necessarily have to be heated but preferably gauntlet style.

I like my Cortech Scarabs

Realistically though, once you get into the 30s, nothing is gonna work like heated gear. All I really need to that end would be heated gloves- not grips, because you still get huge windchill from the outside knuckles. Other than that you can just layer up like a madman.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads