• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Bungee Man

Reaction score
The black H & M one was 129 dollars, and the navy H & M one was 79 dollars.

fashionnoob

Reaction score
i recently picked up a schott navy peacoat at filene's basement for $100. i think they had some charcoals as well. i wear a 44L jacket but the large wasn't fitted enough for me so i tried on the medium. it was perfect; maybe a tad snug up top, but it had a nice fitted look around my midsection. i'd look into it if you have one in your area.

this_is_james

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bungee Man
Yeah, that is it. It fits really nice too.

awesome. i think it will be either this or something from zara(anyone kind enough to check out what peacoats they have?).

bungeeman, did you perceive the quality to be better for the maldini line(the peacoat specifically) over the usual/regular H&M quality?

i think zara's quality tops H&M.

rainmaker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by this_is_james
http://www.honestforum.com/showthread.php?t=70341
i love the one shown here in this thread but it's most likely not in stores anymore.

Um.

This is the EXACT freaking coat that I have been looking for.

I'd be willing to shell out handsomely for this one.

Blah blah, Zara quality, blah blah be damned..
laugh.gif

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by this_is_james
awesome. i think it will be either this or something from zara(anyone kind enough to check out what peacoats they have?).

bungeeman, did you perceive the quality to be better for the maldini line(the peacoat specifically) over the usual/regular H&M quality?

i think zara's quality tops H&M.

I only saw one navy peacoat at Zara, it was belted, and looked otherwise slim fit but pretty normal, but was $199 I believe. Quality is... decent I guess, won't last a couple years of solid wear IMO.

this_is_james

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rainmaker
Um.

This is the EXACT freaking coat that I have been looking for.

I'd be willing to shell out handsomely for this one.

Blah blah, Zara quality, blah blah be damned..
laugh.gif

please let me know if you find it. i'll need a size small. thanks.

this_is_james

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I only saw one navy peacoat at Zara, it was belted, and looked otherwise slim fit but pretty normal, but was $199 I believe. Quality is... decent I guess, won't last a couple years of solid wear IMO.

thanks for the info.

this_is_james

Reaction score
anyone seen the movie "wicker park" starring josh harntnett? extremely nice peacoat.

Bungee Man

Reaction score
I am a big fan of RL. I like the black one in your link a lot! I wonder how it fits? I'll try stopping by the RL store, and see if I can't try it on. I'll post on the fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads