• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

styleconsultant

Reaction score

Hi Johan,

I'm in contact with him to write an interview for the blog, but I don't know if I have so much influence!

However, I know that they're working on new models to fix the low options they offer right now.

R.M.
www.style-consultant.info

Hi all,

I'm preparing an interview with Pepe Albadalejo from Meermin and I would like to invite you to participate on it by sending those questions you would like him to respond. You can directly respond to this comment or write a comment on this post on my blog

http://www.style-consultant.info/2013/04/participa-en-la-entrevista-pepe.html

I will select the 2 most interesting questions and include the in the interview, with the name of the author, of course.

Thanks!!

styleconsultant

Reaction score

Hi Johan,

I'm in contact with him to write an interview for the blog, but I don't know if I have so much influence!

However, I know that they're working on new models to fix the low options they offer right now.

R.M.

Hi all,

I'm preparing an interview with Pepe Albadalejo from Meermin and I would love you to participate. You can send me those questions you'd like him to tespond and I will include the 2 most interesting ones. You can direcly respond to this comment or write a comment on this post in my blog:

http://www.style-consultant.info/2013/04/participa-en-la-entrevista-pepe.html

Thanks for participating!!

TrackerB

Reaction score
Guys! I need your advice!

I ordered a pair of double monks, linea mastro range in Feb this year.
I've worn these shoes about 20-30 times and I notice that my soles are beginning to split!!

Have any of you guys experiences this problem before or is this considered a defect?
The gap can be further widened when I pull the soles apart :(

As some of you know, I'm involved in the 2MTO ordered (from Terror and OzzyJones), and another 3 in the making..
I hope they don't turn out like this... :(

I've emailed Pepe and Luisa...

TrackerB

Reaction score

This is the other pair. You can see a very faint line on the middle of the sole which is not very noticeable.
But when I pull the soles, the line widens and becomes a gap.

I always assumed that splitting of the soles won't occur for handwelted soled shoes?

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
try not to widen the gap. rubber cement should fix that. shouldn't happen. talk to meermin.

at least its only sole split, no gem slipping.

p.s., didnt happen to mine, after full 6 months of wear. def not normal.

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys! I need your advice!

I ordered a pair of double monks, linea mastro range in Feb this year.
I've worn these shoes about 20-30 times and I notice that my soles are beginning to split!!

Have any of you guys experiences this problem before or is this considered a defect?
The gap can be further widened when I pull the soles apart :(

As some of you know, I'm involved in the 2MTO ordered (from Terror and OzzyJones), and another 3 in the making..
I hope they don't turn out like this... :(

I've emailed Pepe and Luisa...

This is the other pair. You can see a very faint line on the middle of the sole which is not very noticeable.

I always assumed that splitting of the soles won't occur for handwelted soled shoes?

You say handwelted so I assume these are Linea Maestro shoes? There was a huge batch of classic collection shoes where all the soles split, but this was middle of last year, if I remember right.

I don't think how the soles are stitched to the welt on the LM shoes, but they could well be machine stitched. If it's bothering you, and you can't get in touch with Meermin, go have a chat to a local cobbler.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone had a MTO Jodhpurs with success? Pepe taking forever to follow up as they seem to be swamped with orders atm

TrackerB

Reaction score
You say handwelted so I assume these are Linea Maestro shoes? There was a huge batch of classic collection shoes where all the soles split, but this was middle of last year, if I remember right.

I don't think how the soles are stitched to the welt on the LM shoes, but they could well be machine stitched. If it's bothering you, and you can't get in touch with Meermin, go have a chat to a local cobbler.

try not to widen the gap. rubber cement should fix that. shouldn't happen. talk to meermin.

at least its only sole split, no gem slipping.

p.s., didnt happen to mine, after full 6 months of wear. def not normal.

Yes, they are the Linea Maestro range.. On Meermin's website, they state that the Linea Maestro range are handwelted.
I didn't expect this to happen for handwelted shoes..

My next concern is if the gap/crack would widen further as I wear the shoes.. the right shoe already has an obvious gaping line, and I sense the left side is starting to split as well.

Anyway, I've emailed Meermin and wait for their reply.

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
That's the thing, that isn't related to the way the shoe is welted. It's how the welt is stitched to the sole of the shoe. While they may have split, the stitching won't let the sole come off completely. The gap may widen, but the sole shouldn't separate any further than the stitching will allow. In theory at least.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tracker, I'd ask a local cobbler how serious it is and how easy a fix but from Meermin you're at least looking at a nice discount off your Mto. (If its not serious enough to merit a return) Fwiw my LMs show no sign of this either

styleconsultant

Reaction score

Hi TrackerB,

It shouldn't happen. Even using so much times as you did.

I have a pair from the Maestro line and it never happened.

Regards,

R.M.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads