• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

the dress was in 'quotes' because I realize there is no such thing, technically speaking. I just meant a dressier version than the ones I have, which are suede on vibram soles and scotch grain on danite. I want a sleek, dark brown calf version on a leather sole.

given up on the chelseas? :D

actually, i have to curate two boxes full of shoes - twentytwo pairs - and i desperatly hope, that none of them fits me...

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd be happy with a pair like your EG's too.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

me? i don't have EG's. tbh, i'm not a fan of the "AE for the rich" :D

philo vance is the master of EG. i'm familiar with the austro-hungarian things, though.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

me? i don't have EG's. tbh, i'm not a fan of the "AE for the rich" :D
philo vance is the master of EG. i'm familiar with the austro-hungarian things, though.

I was talking about Doc's EGs

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I actually ordered a pair of scotch grain on Dainite from across the sea, but they didn't fit. They'll go to B&S sooner or later.

oh, i can't see his posts. nvm.

I'm both heartbroken and flattered.

inlandisland

Reaction score
Samuelsohn, obviously a respectable suit maker, has used this photo twice in two days to promote themselves on facebook, and they say he's 'lookin' good'. WTF? It obvioulsy hasn't been tailored at all and it looks like he's wearing a suit because his Mom told him he has to, not becuase he wants to... dissapointing PR bullshit.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Social media marketing tends to care more about fameballing than product quality. Especially if it's agency or intern work.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw that sweater when you first posted it and it really looks like it fits well. I'm googling them right now. Most of my more fitted Italian sweaters look better on me but I feel more restricted in them. I suppose it's a trade-off.

Try here. I think these will give a bit, because the weave is loose, so they'll feel less restricted. You might want to size up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads