• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Season 6 (Begins April 7, 2013)

Hoofit

Reaction score
Ken Cosgrove tap dancing was freaking awesome. The old creeper exec watching bearded dude get his freak on was a little creepy. This episode had a couple of funny moments but was off in my opinion.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The presence of Harry Hamlin and the increasingly humunculal story lines make me wonder if we're going the way of LA Law. I await episodes featuring lesbianism, bestiality, sex fart anguish, and teaching mentally challenged file clerks how to use prophylactics.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair they're just mirroring America's growth and **** does start to get pretty ******* silly starting at the end of the 60s....

KenRose

Reaction score
I also thought he was going to say "I love you" and instead said "it wasn't your fault". Guess it's not surprising given what we know of Don but that's just what I thought he was going to say

Did we see Roger after his shot? Remember the "doctor" was asking everyone if they had a heart condition. Roger told him he did on the way in and the guy said it didn't matter. That's the last we saw of Roger. Do they find him dead next week?

IMO, the most important line in the epi last night was when Sally told Don she did not know anything about him. I also find it odd that never once has the Draper kids had a conversation with their parents that ended with, "I love you."

AldenPyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Basically no plot. Only character development was Peggy increasingly waking up to the fact that she is the one who should actually be in charge.

Pretty great on establishing the atmosphere of fear and loathing/darkness that Hunter Thompson and Norman Mailer tells us was characteristic of the time. Crime, parental neglect, Vietnam, teen sex, bad drug trips, corporate malfunctioning and the general sense that the inmates had taken over the asylum. Genuinely disturbing.

Don & Sylvia on the elevator was great. She didn't realize that the elevator freeze-out is Draper's favorite trick.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That entire scene with the elderly black woman and the kids was more tense than anything on Breaking Bad.

Last edited:

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great episode. Random and hilarious and pitch perfect. The wheels are falling off for Don, big time. I think in a way the most telling development is how much Don's family has moved on. Betty is looking better, Henry is moving up, and the kids are all looking to him as a father they love and respect rather than to Don.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Henry is moving up, and the kids are all looking to him as a father they love and respect rather than to Don.

I wouldn't be surprised if Don is glad about this

Last edited:

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you think happened to Don between when he came home and passed out and when he got into the elevator with his former mistress? Why/how the sudden about face?

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He realized he was being a little beta *****.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
a_560x375.jpg

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you think happened to Don between when he came home and passed out and when he got into the elevator with his former mistress? Why/how the sudden about face?

Sobering up helped. And he put his "face" back on. The emotional distance and disdain he has cultivated since his childhood in the whorehouse. This despite it being a total facade.

One thing I will say about Mad Men: their depiction of drug use/being high is pretty much always spot on.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Megan in a mini dress = :drool: Since she dressed that way to hang with her agent, I wonder if there'll be some hanky panky for her on the casting couch (as Betty was so kind to point out).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics