• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
clapey, fantastic looking trousers!
Am too curious what fabric you did chose.

Luxire, lovely shirt.
Is that a NOBD collar?
EDIT: Woops, it says so in the url.
Is it a NOBD 1 or 2?
Pull up the NOBD collars and look, then look at that. Then you have your answer.

That shirt:
worship2.gif

ammanati

Reaction score
Ammanati, these look fantastic. I'm looking to order a similar high waisted trouser, but have no idea how to enter the proper rise measurements since I don't currently have any high waisted pants. What measurements did you specify for the front and rear rises? Would it make sense for me to measure the front and rear rise of a pair of well fitting mid-rise trousers and then add on about one inch (this is how much higher I want them to hit) to both front and rear measurements?
I actually have a pair of pretty good fitting trousers (suitsupply suit). They have their trousers done quite highly waisted. So I just included a couple of minor adjustments and that's it. I wouldnt know how to do that neither so I first bought this suit and went from there. It was worth it. I can focus now on buying jackets while all my trousers will be from Luxire ;)

smoothmoose

Reaction score

I hate Luxire for making me realize that I've overpaid for trousers my entire life. My timotune fauxbrosis arrived via FedEx without additional customs this week. I intended them as golf trousers but after handling them for 5 minutes I've come to realize that they are much much too nice. They nailed the fit on their first pair (with maybe a couple minor adjustments in overall length), hand work and detailing is simply stunning, the cloth given the price is more than decent. Overall, I hereby solemnly swear to hand over the entirety of my coming tax return to Luxire for I need trousers. loads of them. Without further ado I submit to you a small pic dump:
what are the buttons in the leg openings for?

PtrckHmphrys

Reaction score
what are the buttons in the leg openings for?

To open and close the turn-ups—as an alternative to having the turn-ups sewn closed at the side seams, which is the conventional practice. Ambrosi Napoli, for one, are known for the buttoned turn-up.

Last edited:

GradSchooler

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, someone got an overcoat done by Luxire, but I can't seem to find it in the thread. I'm considering getting one done, but I wanted to take a look at that one first and hopefully hear from whoever had it made on how it turned out.

tdude

Reaction score
Ok. Not mine. But still excited that mine will look that good too.

aglose

Reaction score

If I remember correctly, someone got an overcoat done by Luxire, but I can't seem to find it in the thread. I'm considering getting one done, but I wanted to take a look at that one first and hopefully hear from whoever had it made on how it turned out.

If you find it post a link please.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our Tumblr is up and running. Nothing special but glad to have it going.

Thank you all for your guidance.

chuckb

Reaction score

This is great -It'd be even better if you could include what fabric the item is made from in the tumblr posts.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A couple of unsolicited tips to take or leave as you prefer:

- photograph items on a tailor's dummy/form rather than a mannequin. Mannequins can look a bit weird in photos (they make more sense in retail environments).
- add in a description of the design & fabric (maybe even link to them), to encourage people to click through to your website and order similar things.
- I don't use tumblr, but there must be a way to add a permanent link somewhere in the page design to explain who you are and/or link to your retail site.
- a lighter background colour (maybe even white) would probably look nicer.

Good luck with it!
cool.gif

Last edited:

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
6dyflOy.gif

Luxire fauxbrosis in action. Have a great weekend

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics