• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for new Navy Blazer

cloud9eleet

Reaction score
I am looking to pick up a new blazer and retire an old one. I am 6'4, wear a 42L (typically) and would like a double vented, 2-button jacket in Navy.

If you guys were searching for a new jacket in NYC, where would you go and which providers would you focus on trying given the above stats?

LongWing

Reaction score
Don't know your price range, but for 2 button side vents you can find things at Burberry. Their blazer is in the $700 range. They also have it at www.dann-online.com . It appears to be their top-of-the-line.

guitone

Reaction score
I just picked up a new Canali that meets your requrements, 2 button, double vents. The buttons are not metal, not blue or back either and the jacket is a dark blue, not really a Navy, very nice..These are usually in teh $800 range, got mine on a 25% off sale, a very nice jacke...I have been very happy with my other Canali slacks and jackets, styling is just great.

billiebob

Reaction score
I just picked up an Arnold Brant SB navy (quite dark actually) 2 button from the Saks outlet in elizabeth, NJ for 215, down from 600 or so. It fit me perfectly, arm length and everything.

It was missing a button, so I got a full set of tasteful gold coin buttons from Tender Buttons on 62nd betw Lex and 3rd for 25 bucks.

They had a good selection of 40, 44, and 42, some bigger.

I thought the saks outlet had a much better selection of high end stuff than Filenes Union square or the other outlets at NJ Gardens.

At filenes I found a hickey freeman 40L black blazer for 350, which is a nice deal.

tgfny

Reaction score
I'm in the same mkt. Dunhill had a nice one last yr. 2button, med high stance, side vented with a ticket pocket.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
please, please try to work something out with this seller for a good price-- wowee, what a piece in 42L (I know it isn't quite what you described, but JEEEZ is this a perfect jacket). hate to see this go to someone outside of the Forum. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....22&rd=1

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
please, please try to work something out with this seller for a good price-- wowee, what a piece in 42L
You don't think $1,250 is a good price?.?.

cloud9eleet

Reaction score
Two things turn me off about the eBay jacket, 3 buttons and Super 180's.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cloud9eleet
I know, I know-- not exactly what you had in mind, but MAN IS THAT A SLICK JACKET.. at least consider it, willya? As far as not liking the 3 buttons and super 180s cloth, i'd say this might be likened to a guy not liking the connolly leather interior of an aston martin, or possibly the autotronic shifting on the aston-- it may not be precisely the thing for you, but you'd probably get used to it, and-- hey, this is an aston martin (or a Kiton....) we're talkin about, no?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads