• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

logsdail or raphael?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
There is no reason for anybody to make a suit that 2% of the population can wear.

+10 - I don't get this nonsense about having a 'body type' to wear Tom Ford. Most of the target consumers for TFs expensive garments are guys in the 40s and 50s, not elite athletes.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really don't think the stuff is that hard to wear. I haven't tried it, but have the urge to go down to my local NM and try the Ford stuff on. Not that I would buy, but I think the major problem with the suit in question is that the salesman and tailor were dishonest, and the customer was stupid. There is no reason for anybody to make a suit that 2% of the population can wear.

Stupid? What is your problem **** head?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
Never heard of someone trying on attolini and disliking it.

Originally Posted by jamesbond
Believe it or not but Attolini does'nt really do it for me.

Attolini for Barbera:

439519889_UZ4eE-XL.jpg

- B

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
Stupid? What is your problem **** head?
You think you were smart to buy a suit that didn't fit? I am not making a comment about your overall intelligence, just the state of your intelligence when you purchased the suit.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh don't worry i'm doing that first

OK, please don't forget to post a new TF thread. Thanks.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really don't think the stuff is that hard to wear. I haven't tried it, but have the urge to go down to my local NM and try the Ford stuff on. Not that I would buy, but I think the major problem with the suit in question is that the salesman and tailor were dishonest, and the customer was stupid. There is no reason for anybody to make a suit that 2% of the population can wear.

It is definitely not. Is anyone else missing the something strange here...if AB has such a small waist compared to chest, then why did they have to let out the waist on a 40R jacket? Say it was a drop 7, that means it was designed for someone with a 33" waist, so the jacket should have had to be brought in, not let out.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You think you were smart to buy a suit that didn't fit?

No I think my impulsiveness & my excited emotions overwhelmed my rational thinking when I purchased the suit. In addition, I did not have a lot of experience fitting a suit as it was a while since I purchased one.

smile.gif

It was a mistake.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
It is definitely not. Is anyone else missing the something strange here...if AB has such a small waist compared to chest, then why did they have to let out the waist on a 40R jacket? Say it was a drop 7, that means it was designed for someone with a 33" waist, so the jacket should have had to be brought in, not let out.

You're assuming a 40R jacket is actually ~40 inches around the chest.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon

It was a 52R, and by the way I measured the shoulders and they are the same size as a 48R Armani jacket. TF cuts their shoulders really damn narrow.

I don't have a 31" waist, it is 35"

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Dior Homme the first few seasons? Taralis, CCP, etc. Lots of fashion brands are like that...

I have size 48 (so 32) pants by Petar Petrov that measure 29" at the waist and are tight on my chicken legs.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In addition, I did not have a lot of experience fitting a suit as it was a while since I purchased one.

You had a lot of experience until you didn't have a lot of experience? Very John Kerry.

It was a mistake.

Perhaps a stupid one?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Dior Homme the first few seasons? Taralis, CCP, etc. Lots of fashion brands are like that.

To be fair, I don't think Tom Ford is anything like Dior Homme (the others are Latin to me). Dior Homme is just cut skinny all around. Tom Ford is cut with big, broad shoulders, so you can get a skinnier looking waist without all that tight a fit.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
You had a lot of experience until you didn't have a lot of experience? Very John Kerry, which is pretty stupid in my book
smile.gif

Perhaps a stupid one?

I like you Mr. Fan

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Dior Homme the first few seasons? Taralis, CCP, etc. Lots of fashion brands are like that...

I have size 48 (so 32) pants by Petar Petrov that measure 29" at the waist and are tight on my chicken legs.

I will have to go downtown and check it out. Maybe I will try to do a mafoo-style expose. It just seems like Ford is doing this for money rather than art, so it would make sense that his stuff would fit normal people.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads