• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

logsdail or raphael?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Is it really too late to recommend that OP go to Tom Ford for the Tom Ford look?

- B

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I snarfed.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
I snarfed.

You can pick your tailor, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your tailor's nose.

- B

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
You can pick your tailor, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your tailor's nose.

- B

You're lucky I wasn't eating pizza, is all I can say.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
ZEIaJAwjra_2002894349033766821_rs.jpg
- B

poulsonbs6.jpg

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
wow those are beautiful suits

Never heard of someone trying on attolini and disliking it. some have made the journey to see Ian at his warehouse of suits, but hope you'll at least go visit the new york Attolini location and give us your thoughts. I used to own a killer attolini in a navy blue pinstripe, and posted photos of it long ago but can't find them (I probably had a size too large for me, anyways). ended up selling it via Mr. Harris's services.

Think you might be able to get to the store to check them out and post your comments? Can anyone verify if this is 30 W. 57th street? My ipod says it is, but that don't make it true.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Soph is a good example to comapre AB to. Soph seems to have a similar build/drop. Although the constant Borrelli and Attolini fanfare can get old it does work well for him. Maybe thats why he has such admiration towards those brands. He seems to be pretty consistent with sticking to what works for his body/frame. Not to say another brand would'nt fit him. I would also recommend the OP try out various RTW suits and brands to find what he likes style wise and also what might fit well with minor alterations. Lots of highend RTW can be bought on sale for fantastic bargains as well.

I for one have spent alot of time and money finding my own particular style/taste. I've gone the bespoke route with Rizzo in Boston. While a great tailor his style is a bit outdated for my younger taste. His suits/jackets are pretty structured with straight (Brioni like) shoulders, very clean throughout chest ala Yachtie and not as fitted/waisted that i prefer on my build. He also tends not to want to bend for ANYBODY. All of this is fine if you like this particular style. I have also purchased items from, Borrelli, Cucinelli, Attolini, RLPL, RL blue label, Caruso, BrooksBrothers. Only after trying all of these different brands have i found out that i dont really like the structured shoulders of RLPL and that i love the zero-padding shoulders of RL blue label. I like a supressed waist to show of my lean figure. While i like the softer structure of Borrelli, Attolini, Cucinelli, it is not a must-have. Although with my preference for no-padding the softer construction does make things more harmonious. I also like open quarters like many of the English and Neapolitan brands have, closed quarters is too buisinessy for me. Again i have only found this out by going out and trying, buying, doing it.

I would recomend along with most others that you need to find your prefered style/fit and get some knowledge about what you like before searching for a tailor. This way you will know off the bat just by talking with the tailor wheather or not the two of you can work together. I think Solito said it best "People come to me for my style, not for theres" or something like that.

Good luck.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
Never heard of someone trying on attolini and disliking it. some have made the journey to see Ian at his warehouse of suits, but hope you'll at least go visit the new york Attolini location and give us your thoughts. I used to own a killer attolini in a navy blue pinstripe, and posted photos of it long ago but can't find them (I probably had a size too large for me, anyways). ended up selling it via Mr. Harris's services.

Think you might be able to get to the store to check them out and post your comments? Can anyone verify if this is 30 W. 57th street? My ipod says it is, but that don't make it true.

Believe it or not but Attolini does'nt really do it for me. I have a great linen sportcoat that i will post in the "what are you wearing" thread come summer but something about it does'nt fit my particular body as well as my Borrelli and other Neapolitan brands? Not sure why? but like Soph maybe it will fit his build.

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the original poster, we finally have something to rival the WAYWT thread.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx

I'm going to go there tomorrow

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
I'm going to go there tomorrow

You are supposed to be returning that suit of yours....

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
I think Soph is a good example to comapre AB to.

Really? I guess I couldn't get a feel for AB's actual body type in his pictures. Of all the people who have posted pictures of themselves here, I think Soph and The Foxx are the only two who seem to have the physique to pull off the Tom Ford look.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Really? I guess I couldn't get a feel for AB's actual body type in his pictures. Of all the people who have posted pictures of themselves here, I think Soph and The Foxx are the only two who seem to have the physique to pull off the Tom Ford look.
I really don't think the stuff is that hard to wear. I haven't tried it, but have the urge to go down to my local NM and try the Ford stuff on. Not that I would buy, but I think the major problem with the suit in question is that the salesman and tailor were dishonest, and the customer was stupid. There is no reason for anybody to make a suit that 2% of the population can wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads