• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yowzer

Reaction score
cheers, thank you. should post some photos of your Loake shoes.
biggrin.gif

Hahaha.. embarrassingly I only have the one, the Knightsbridge which was posted a few pages back by marcodalondra. Will take a pikkie when I wear it to work in the future nonetheless.

Still, a damn good shoe for the price and a wonderful jumping point for someone starting out.

Have been looking at the Aldwych for some time and have been toying with sizing down to 10F from 10.5F in order to get a 'snug' fit... not sure if it's a wise idea. But that is in the future. The recent buy is painful enough for the wallet.
happy.gif

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cheers, thank you. should post some photos of your Loake shoes. :D
Hahaha.. embarrassingly I only have the one, the Knightsbridge which was posted a few pages back by marcodalondra. Will take a pikkie when I wear it to work in the future nonetheless. Still, a damn good shoe for the price and a wonderful jumping point for someone starting out. Have been looking at the Aldwych for some time and have been toying with sizing down to 10F from 10.5F in order to get a 'snug' fit... not sure if it's a wise idea. But that is in the future. The recent buy is painful enough for the wallet.
happy.gif
should take advantage of the Pediwear sale, it's better than the 15% off. haha. :happy:

Xandion

Reaction score

Got this from Loake more than a year back. Doesn't tell you about how the lasts compare but should help greatly with sizing as it refers to stick length or foot measurements. It did for me. As always, it's only a guide. Don't go writing to Loake if it doesn't fit 100%...
smile.gif
[ATTACHMENT=6852]STICK LENGTH.xls (37k. xls file)[/ATTACHMENT]
Hey this is a very helpful chart. One question though, do you know if the stick length refers to the length of the shoe insole or what your foot measurement should be for that specific size? Thanks in advance!

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got very excited earlier today when I spotted a small range of Jasper Conran x Loake collaboration shoes. They looked the part and at £145 were in Shoemaker territory but - made in India. Anyone tried them?

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got this from Loake more than a year back. Doesn't tell you about how the lasts compare but should help greatly with sizing as it refers to stick length or foot measurements. It did for me. As always, it's only a guide. Don't go writing to Loake if it doesn't fit 100%...
smile.gif
[ATTACHMENT=6852]STICK LENGTH.xls (37k. xls file)[/ATTACHMENT]
Hey this is a very helpful chart. One question though, do you know if the stick length refers to the length of the shoe insole or what your foot measurement should be for that specific size? Thanks in advance!
On the bottom of the chart, "Stick" length is "footprint" measured from the end of the big toe to the back of the heel.

Yowzer

Reaction score
Hey this is a very helpful chart. One question though, do you know if the stick length refers to the length of the shoe insole or what your foot measurement should be for that specific size?

Thanks in advance!

Xandion, the excel described it as being the foot and I based my measurements on that. It could also possibly refer to the last length.

On the Bannock, I measure as a 11E and based on the excel, I was between 10F and 10.5F. I got the 10.5F for the 1880 Capital last and it fitted reasonably well. On hindsight, I've always wondered whether I could have gotten away with the 10F for a 'snugger' fit.

The price is such that I may be willing to take that risk in future... good luck on your end.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got very excited earlier today when I spotted a small range of Jasper Conran x Loake collaboration shoes. They looked the part and at £145 were in Shoemaker territory but - made in India. Anyone tried them?

Not seen them before. Shoemakers are made in England, so for that price, it is a bit high for made in India shoes...

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey this is a very helpful chart. One question though, do you know if the stick length refers to the length of the shoe insole or what your foot measurement should be for that specific size?

Thanks in advance!

Xandion, the excel described it as being the foot and I based my measurements on that. It could also possibly refer to the last length.

On the Bannock, I measure as a 11E and based on the excel, I was between 10F and 10.5F. I got the 10.5F for the 1880 Capital last and it fitted reasonably well. On hindsight, I've always wondered whether I could have gotten away with the 10F for a 'snugger' fit. 

The price is such that I may be willing to take that risk in future... good luck on your end. 

Yes, definitely need to take width into consideration, as Loakes only does one width for each design.

I find the excel sizing too small, according to table, I would be only UK 5.5 G, and I am actually a 6.5 F or G, I tried UK 6 in store and it's too tight. And the table is also different to international standard sizing... strange

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not seen them before. Shoemakers are made in England, so for that price, it is a bit high for made in India shoes...
Not all Shoemakers are made in England, some are made completely in India and others are only finished in England from parts pre assembled abroad. Only 1880 should be made entirely in the UK

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not all Shoemakers are made in England, some are made completely in India and others are only finished in England from parts pre assembled abroad. Only 1880 should be made entirely in the UK

thank you for pointing that out! Looks like should just stick to the 1880 line.

And I am eagering hoping to see you eventually having a pair of Loake 1880 Cornwall, as I reckon it will fit your narrow feet with high instep perfectly, haha. :happy:

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thank you for pointing that out! Looks like should just stick to the 1880 line.

And I am eagering hoping to see you eventually having a pair of Loake 1880 Cornwall, as I reckon it will fit your narrow feet with high instep perfectly, haha. :happy:
sorry, but it would not help as the gap will be the same on the three eyelets, and I have owned Derbys with two end three eyelets to know this. Plus I do not really like the shape of a formal deby like that, but thanks for the suggestion. Here is another Loake for you, patent leather formal oxfords for Dinner suit times:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads