• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton vs. John Lobb

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
It seems like Lobb's chief interest these days is creating designs that are distinctively Lobb. That can be OK, when done right, but too often the results are just gaudy messes.

+10

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I get the feeling that a lot of people by shoes only based on what they look like alone, and give little thought to actually wearing them with clothing.

+1. So when you are getting opera pumps?
devil.gif

--Andre

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm getting to the point where I feel that shirts and shoes get a lot of wear. Paying more than about $1,000 US for shoes or $400 for a shirt just doesn't seem worth it. I don't enjoy them beyond those prices because I feel I need to be too careful. It takes away the fun and enjoyment.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I'm getting to the point where I feel that shirts and shoes get a lot of wear. Paying more than about $1,000 US for shoes or $400 for a shirt just doesn't seem worth it. I don't enjoy them beyond those prices because I feel I need to be too careful. It takes away the fun and enjoyment.

that's one way of looking at it, can't say i particularly agree though. regardless of price clothes are meant to be worn, i personally love it when i have worn an expensive garment into the ground and continue wearing it, don't like it when an outfit looks as if i just bought it and it's still in pristine condition.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To me Kiton & John Lobb seem like totally different style shoes, so I don`t understand the comparison between these two brands...other than they are both considered expensive.

Personally, I like the flashier style shoes so I can appreciate Kiton more than JL though.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At Kiton's pricepoint you can go bespoke, I think both Vass and Scafora are in range

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mecnun
Would forum members find it justifiable to pay up £400 to "upgrade from John Lobb RTW to Kiton hand-made shoes (priced at £1,200). The MTM Kiton's are £1,500.

No. Upgrade to bespoke. Or even downgrade to G&G stock shoes if you are in a hurry.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
FlyingCow.jpg

I have one of these in my office:

flypig-1.jpg

When someone comes in asking for something stupid, it gets turned on.

--Andre

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads