• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Kent, I very much enjoy my shirts from you (best fit of any RTW shirt I can find anywhere), but the collar on the 16.5 is still a bit small for me as a bigger guy; any chance of a size 17 being added to the line anytime in the foreseeable (or possible) future?
Sorry, I'm not doing any other sizes or custom sizes for the time being. But I am working on making a MTM service. Hopefully it'll be ready in six months.
Originally Posted by Stu
Kent: Why no 16s in the linen cotton blends? Also: any pale blue linen/cotton blends coming down the pipe?
I don't make a 16, but do have 16.5 and 15.75. The linen/cotton are available in those sizes. I might do a solid pale blue for this upcoming spring/summer.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Has anyone tried Kent's grenadine ties? Thinking of picking some up but I'd like to read a review first to assess quality, how well they tie a knot, etc.

They are very nice, thick and plush. I wish I had more of them.

elgreco

Reaction score
I have one too. I love it, but I have to be extremely careful with it...I unfortunately got mine caught in the velcro of my book bag and it kinda jacked up the threads. I was, however, able to restore it with some gentle massaging of that portion of the tie.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
A lot of people have purchased them. Here's some pictures of me wearing the navy.

Ties a fairly large four-in-hand knot

Arches off the shirt

Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
They are very nice, thick and plush. I wish I had more of them.
Thanks, glad to hear it. You can expect an order from me soon, Kent.

Originally Posted by elgreco
I have one too. I love it, but I have to be extremely careful with it...I unfortunately got mine caught in the velcro of my book bag and it kinda jacked up the threads. I was, however, able to restore it with some gentle massaging of that portion of the tie.
Velcro is NOT igent.
foo.gif

elgreco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Velcro is NOT igent.
foo.gif

It is true. Unfortunately, there are no iGent-approved bags (that I'm aware of) which can adequately carry two large casebooks, a binder, several smaller books, and assorted other personal effects, I'm all ears.

Hobbs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I'd like to make ginghams in other colors as well. Suggestions?

I'd love a red gingham if possible.

marin

Reaction score
I just made my first purchase from Kent, and it should be no surprise that I'm very pleased. Not only were the PS and links very nice, but Kent's customer service is top-notch.

Thanks, Kent!

MightyPir

Reaction score
yes very nice grenadine ties...I now have one in navy and one burgundy. Just be aware (as mentioned above) that they make thicker FIH knots.

AB01

Reaction score
This reminded me to check if the MOP cufflinks were in stock. They were, so I placed an order for a couple.
I'm looking forward to when they arrive. If they turn out good, I plan to search for more items to buy through the Web site.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea when we can expect a Bohemian glass cuff link restock?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AB01
He has two Bohemian glass styles in stock.

Yeah, was asking about the other three (specifically the red style).

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sometime this week, hopefully.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads