• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I used to wear AE Park Avenue but got sick of how bulbous the toe looks. If you think you may have this problem, it would save you money in the long run to get the last that you like.

350x700px-LL-5c00ed04_ParkAvenues.jpeg

yanagi

Reaction score
I used to wear AE Park Avenue but got sick of how bulbous the toe looks. If you think you may have this problem, it would save you money in the long run to get the last that you like.

350x700px-LL-5c00ed04_ParkAvenues.jpeg

My Park Avenues were my first real pair of dress shoes; I still remember thinking "damn, these look nice" when I pulled them out of the box the first time. That said, I admit that your captoes look much sleeker.

SFN 155

Reaction score
Wondering about the sizing on the sneakers. I'd typically wear an 11 in chuck taylors, but a 12 with most other sneakers. Size suggestion?

SYQ

Reaction score
Went into the AE store today to try on the Park Avenues. Ended up between a size 7.5E and a 7.5EEE. Any thoughts on how that would fit in KW's benchgrade?

deepitm

Reaction score

Wondering about the sizing on the sneakers. I'd typically wear an 11 in chuck taylors, but a 12 with most other sneakers. Size suggestion?

I wear 13 in most sneakers (Nike, Adidas, 46 in Common Projects) and 13 was always too big on me in Converse. I wear 13 in the Kent Wang sneaker and find that to fit true to other 13s (ex-Converse). Based on what you wrote, I would suggest you stick with a 12.

Also, just wanted to say that I had to do an exchange the other day and Kent Wang team was very easy to deal with. Replies and tracking info were all very helpful and speedy. Not my first order, and certainly not my last. Thanks.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Went into the AE store today to try on the Park Avenues. Ended up between a size 7.5E and a 7.5EEE. Any thoughts on how that would fit in KW's benchgrade?
7.5 in our shoes.

Swangerman

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with the monochrome sneakers? They look to be very well priced but before pulling the trigger interested in feedback on fit, quality, comfort, etc.

bullswin

Reaction score

Anybody have any experience with the monochrome sneakers? They look to be very well priced but before pulling the trigger interested in feedback on fit, quality, comfort, etc.

They're a pretty good value. Unfortunately, the sizing didn't work out for me. I'm usually between a size 8 and 8.5 with sneakers and KW's 8 was a bit too small for me. With no half sizes, I was out of luck. But you shouldn't hesitate to try them out.

In terms of quality and fit, I've become a huge fan of epaulet's new line of trainers. Made in Portugal of high quality materials for around $225. Although, it also took me a couple orders to get my sizing right (sizing up is often necessary, e.g., size 8 was a hair too tight, 8.5 is basically perfect).

Swangerman

Reaction score
They're a pretty good value. Unfortunately, the sizing didn't work out for me. I'm usually between a size 8 and 8.5 with sneakers and KW's 8 was a bit too small for me. With no half sizes, I was out of luck. But you shouldn't hesitate to try them out.

In terms of quality and fit, I've become a huge fan of epaulet's new line of trainers. Made in Portugal of high quality materials for around $225. Although, it also took me a couple orders to get my sizing right (sizing up is often necessary, e.g., size 8 was a hair too tight, 8.5 is basically perfect).

Funny, you mention that--I live around the corner from their BK brick and mortar, and I plan on picking a pair up. I didn't love the suede accents on the last go round but I'm looking forward to the next batch. Stumbled on the KWs and as theyre significantly less $$, it seems worth investigating if they could work.

How was the leather quality? The website doesn't give much in the way of detail.

bullswin

Reaction score

Funny, you mention that--I live around the corner from their BK brick and mortar, and I plan on picking a pair up. I didn't love the suede accents on the last go round but I'm looking forward to the next batch. Stumbled on the KWs and as theyre significantly less $$, it seems worth investigating if they could work.

How was the leather quality? The website doesn't give much in the way of detail.

I'm probably not the best person to comment on leather quality. I tried the brown suede, not the more typical white, black, navy, or grey leather.

Liber

Reaction score
I bought some recently and am very happy with them. Not a long term owner though fwiw . The leather is buttery soft.
What colour did you get? Considering getting some grey sneakers.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Kent Wang Hi Kent, I am going to NYC in the end of February and would like to make an appointment with you about getting my first real suit. How many fittings do I need to do with you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads