1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. jclark216

jclark216 Member

Compared to the OS hoodie, how oversized is the kake hoodie. It looked so wide and dumb on Joe. Sleeves made it look 10x worst.

2. DonHeebenhof

DonHeebenhof Well-Known Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

Personally love the OS hoody. It's definitely a lighter weight, but under a jacket it's good for down to about 30 degrees. I wore it to work with my bomber this morning and walked and was fine with the jacket open. It will be absolutely perfect for spring/summer weather. You will be wearing it with shorts on summer nights

1 person likes this.
  3. DonHeebenhof

[​IMG]

6 ft 170 and got an M. Layered with co mix tee

1 person likes this.
  4. DonHeebenhof

Only thing I can say is it would be a much better purchase at a 160ish price point

2 people like this.
  5. johnelliottfan

johnelliottfan Well-Known Member

Union Los Angeles - terrible experience for me.

I bought the Kake mock from their website as soon as someone posted the link in this thread.

Took a few days but I finally got my shipment confirmation and tracking # from DHL yesterday.

Today I got an order cancellation/refund e-mail saying that the item is out of stock. Hilarious. Another business that is not using real time inventory. Terrible terrible terrible.

We NEED more Kake Mock's in different colours (CLAY). So pissed right now

6. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

damn, that's not good. Mine is in transit and I ordered few minutes after the announcement.

7. peezykicks

peezykicks Member

Sorry to here bro, had to check my UPS tracking number to make sure mine was still good.

Are you sure the mistake wasn't the order cancellation e-mail, and it actually is on it's way to you? What does the tracking # show?

8. CH03

CH03 Well-Known Member

Did you end up keeping any of your hoodies? There's nothing wrong with them per se, but I do feel like I could get this exact same hoodie for a fraction of the price.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  9. johnelliottfan

johnelliottfan Well-Known Member

I checked the tracking # and it still says shipment not picked up yet so unfortunately looks as if my Kake order has been cancelled.

JE, if you are listening... the people want more Kake Mocks, and we will kill for them (not really)

10. gerg99

gerg99 Well-Known Member

Can anyone help me out with escobar sizing? Usually a 30 in jeans, and 30 in cast 2 denim. Would I be a small or medium?

11. Luciano123

Luciano123 Well-Known Member

what size did you order ?
    and Johnelliottfan, that sucks bro. If you read the reviews on Union LA, many people have had bad experiences with them, what size did you order as well ?

12. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

I ordered size M

13. ursman

ursman Well-Known Member

Height? Weight?

When I originally purchased my Escos I reached out to JE customer service and they didn't steer me wrong with my choice of a Medium. I'm 5'6 165. I also bought M in Kitos as well.

1 person likes this.
  14. bryanhsu123

bryanhsu123 Well-Known Member

Kake in L on Grailed sold for $385......Don't give in to these bloodsuckers guys!!!

15. gerg99

gerg99 Well-Known Member

Should you have gone with small? I'm similar to you... 5'7, 150-155lbs. I do weightlifting so my legs aren't tiny but they ain't huge either @ursman (sry on my phone quoting not working)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  16. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

I took the tags off after I got them so I'm keeping them. I agree with the price but let's see over time. As I mentioned after I steamed the hoodies, they have kept their shape and have not wrinkled. Cheaper hoodies with thin material don't normally get wrinkled quick

17. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

You are a small more than likely.

1 person likes this.
  18. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Well-Known Member

Gerg,
    I'm 5'10, 155 lbs, 29 in cast 2 denim. I wear a medium in escobars. Tried the small on and they were skin tight.

1 person likes this.
  19. ursman

ursman Well-Known Member

I am happy with my M Escos and Kitos. I lift as well. I feel like I could probably fit into Smalls... but it may be a bit too tight for my liking. I should probably get a fit pic up on here some time soon.

I think you and I are in a very in between stage with JE. Depends on how we want it to look.

If you have the means - buy both and return the one you don't like. It's worth it, IMO, because you'll know where to go in the future.

20. gerg99

gerg99 Well-Known Member

Word, thanks for the advice everyone, appreciate it... How are the M escos on you, still pretty tapered? I want that slim fit but definitely not skin tight. You ever lifted / squatted in em either?