• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

drb1911

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can find the net mercer tank in white (medium)? It's sold out on JE&co. Hoping to locate it online.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are the second person to say it's thin. Have check one out but I'm waiting for the holidays to get the stadium. The wool bomber is nice though material wise.

Pics of the wool bomber whenever you have time!

And did anyone pick up either of the flannels? Was curious to know the quality/fit. That almost $400 price range for a flannel is reaching SLP flannels on sale.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one here that hates the flight jacket?
uhoh.gif

GTFan712

Reaction score
Received my Fishtail Raincoat. Not sure if this is a production error or if this varies by size, but the fishtail opening is nowhere near what is displayed in the product/model photos. It's only ~2 inches, which somewhat diminishes the appeal of the jacket for me. That, and it's made in China. I wasn't aware JE was producing anything outside of LA. Might be returning this one.

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Received my Fishtail Raincoat. Not sure if this is a production error or if this varies by size, but the fishtail opening is nowhere near what is displayed in the product/model photos. It's only ~2 inches, which somewhat diminishes the appeal of the jacket for me. That, and it's made in China. I wasn't aware JE was producing anything outside of LA. Might be returning this one.

I just got mine. It has the same small opening at the fishtail as you. So weird man. They also screwed up on the pics for the drawstrings - as they are black even on the plaster coat. Such a big difference in the fishtail is pretty annoying - and yes it's also produced in China. JE better not be moving production to China they would be losing a customer. I might return this jacket as well. Not happy.

Last edited:

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The fishtail opening measures about an inch - inch and a half wide. In the picture it looks about 6-8 inches.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Same with mine. Is this an error in production, @JohnElliottCo?

This is not an error in production. The garments were adjusted and at the time they were photographed the samples had a slightly wider fishtail. We are not moving production to China. Some garments, such as technical pieces, are sewn more precisely at overseas facilities.

As always we stand by our products and will facilitate a return or exchange if you are in any way unhappy with the product.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anybody have fit pics with the fishtail crew? I like the idea but wish the back was elongated more. Curious how it looks irl.

victoorious

Reaction score
does anyone have a pair of Kito's that can be me some insight.

When you wear yours, does it stay stacked like that or does it drop down to your calf like the photo below.

Im thinking bout getting the olive ones if they can stay like how it was modeled.

GTFan712

Reaction score
does anyone have a pair of Kito's that can be me some insight.

When you wear yours, does it stay stacked like that or does it drop down to your calf like the photo below.

Im thinking bout getting the olive ones if they can stay like how it was modeled.

The stacking will depend on how tight the pant fits from the knee down. The tighter the fit, the better the stack will hold.

Last edited:

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Am I the only one here that hates the flight jacket? :uhoh:

I'll post pics when I get a chance. It's nice and thick. I personally love the flight jacket and been looking forward to it for a long time. I'm from the bay so I guess I can relate to the inspiration behind it. It's a dead on image of what pavement in SF can look like when the fog / marine layer rolls in. Will be getting the olive version

justjohn

Reaction score
This is not an error in production. The garments were adjusted and at the time they were photographed the samples had a slightly wider fishtail. We are not moving production to China. Some garments, such as technical pieces, are sewn more precisely at overseas facilities.

As always we stand by our products and will facilitate a return or exchange if you are in any way unhappy with the product.
It is best to update the product images to make sure customers get what was advertised to avoid confusion and returns.

Wanted the jacket from the beginning and fits the rainy weather here so the changes did not bother me much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics