• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah. It's just my opinion. If they sell well then I'm in the minority and it doesn't matter. If it doesn't sell well then maybe my comments will shed some light on it.
I'm under no assumption that anything I say will make a difference, but like I said, constructive criticism and honest opinions are invaluable

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^ Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated. FYI, the Scar Tank was one of our first items, from season 1. We brought it back for SS15.

I have the old scar tank - no complaints.

Re: the double hems and the quilted shoulders on the overshirts. Other users mentioned it when they first released, but the tone on the stitching and the alignment of the fabric on the double hems left something to be desired.

Re: double hem on the western shirt - kind of an odd look IMO, but I guess it can be consistent across various models. Maybe helps distinguish it from say VISVIM 4 corners shirt or one of the new SLP shirts.

Last edited:

StPauli

Reaction score
Yeah. It's just my opinion. If they sell well then I'm in the minority and it doesn't matter. If it doesn't sell well then maybe my comments will shed some light on it.
I'm under no assumption that anything I say will make a difference, but like I said, constructive criticism and honest opinions are invaluable
I can totally see your haphazard zip comment with the Clash, but what is it about the Rue that seems haphazard? I didn't think that chest pockets would be so controversial. I have one and really like it actually (so I am biased).

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haphazard probably isn't the best word, it just doesn't seem necessary and I think it stands out and kind of dominates the whole thing (very well could be the intention).

epryor

Reaction score
Ran home during lunch to find my birthday gift (to myself) waiting for me...

Will post impressions and fit pics tomorrow.

victoorious

Reaction score
What you guys think about the size ?

This is a medium... Small would be too slim huh ?

Underneath is a Large crew, under that is a large silk grey u neck lol

took some pics of the distressed area and the double hem in the back since I saw some comments about it earlier.

Last edited:

helvete

Reaction score
Sorry, but I'm still "eh" about the denim shirts. I'll have to see 'em in person before just pulling the trigger like that.

victoorious

Reaction score
Strange, I think on my denim shirt, I got a old or used tag. Not sure if you guys can tell by the picture, but on the denim shirt the tag looks like its been washed? Or maybe the tag is suppose to look like that to go with the distressed shirt?

Last edited:

StPauli

Reaction score
Strange, I think on my denim shirt, I got a old or used tag. Not sure if you guys can tell by the picture, but on the denim shirt the tag looks like its been washed? Or maybe the tag is suppose to look like that to go with the distressed shirt?

Maybe the tag was on there when they distressed the shirt?

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the denim shirt. I just hate the insane amt of curve :(
Main reason I nevver grabbed I to the flannel

kjbaron89

Reaction score
@victoorious thanks for the pics. The medium looks fine to me. I think a small would fit you closer to what is modeled by JE, if that's what you want. It's hard to tell from your pics with your arm bent and all, but the medium looks a little long/loose in the arms. Did you try a small also? I ask since you bought the rider in two sizes and have the luxury of living so close to JE.

I have the Isherwood denim shirt from ACNE and its a little loose like your fit is and I like that. This style shirt looks good a bit looser IMO. The small seems like it might be too short on you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads