• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

naylom11

Reaction score
Quote: Appreciate the input man, I'm debating what to do... The 2013 fit is different that the 2014, but the waist size is just 2 or 3 sizes too big for me. I mean with a belt I can somewhat pull it off, but it still sucks. Hows the actual denim quality compare? Is it as heavy as the YePC?

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Appreciate the input man, I'm debating what to do... The 2013 fit is different that the 2014, but the waist size is just 2 or 3 sizes too big for me. I mean with a belt I can somewhat pull it off, but it still sucks. Hows the actual denim quality compare? Is it as heavy as the YePC? 

My comparison was for the 2013 version. The 2013 and 2014 versions don't even compare, huge difference.

I'll say the quality is good on both, comes down to the wash really. If you like that lighter color, either get those tailored to fit better or upgrade to slp.

Gutiinthebooty

Reaction score
Appreciate the input man, I'm debating what to do... The 2013 fit is different that the 2014, but the waist size is just 2 or 3 sizes too big for me. I mean with a belt I can somewhat pull it off, but it still sucks. Hows the actual denim quality compare? Is it as heavy as the YePC?

I have the 2013 APC Kanye, and ordered the 2015 cast coast. I ended up returned the Cast denim.

The denim quality is great on both, so it is hard to go wrong with either of them in that respect.

For me, because the Cast was a bit slim in the seat, I kept the Kanye. Also, the Kanye jeans dont bleed on my sneakers, so that is a plus.

I probably would have kept both had they not been so pricey. Theyre a bit too similar in wash for me personally to keep both.

naylom11

Reaction score
True, yeah I see no reason to keep both (as I also have the JE x Gap wash as well). My problem is my legs make it hard to size slim/tapered denim. I'm a true 30-31. For example, my APC Kanye's are a 32, taper perfectly in the legs and stack well. Waist is wayy too big. I may look at SLP's but its hard to find a light wash selvedge... not to mention price is steep. I'm hoping that JE Coasts are that perfect blend of true waist fit, and stacking taper.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

True, yeah I see no reason to keep both (as I also have the JE x Gap wash as well). My problem is my legs make it hard to size slim/tapered denim. I'm a true 30-31. For example, my APC Kanye's are a 32, taper perfectly in the legs and stack well. Waist is wayy too big. I may look at SLP's but its hard to find a light wash selvedge... not to mention price is steep. I'm hoping that JE Coasts are that perfect blend of true waist fit, and stacking taper. 

At a true 30-31 you will want a 28 or 29 in the Coast.

nymvon

Reaction score
Does anyone own any of the loopwheel collection how is it?

Last edited:

StPauli

Reaction score
Yea I just misunderstood what you meant at first, that's why I deleted my original response to you lol. I know about the Kith COA collab. Unfortunately, I also know about the quilting problems, I have the Escobars with the quilted knee panels. They are super dope but the stitching doesn't hold up well.
Gotcha. The quilting does look really awesome though. Perhaps the problem would be lessened if they used synthetic materials instead of cotton.

drb1911

Reaction score
Anyone own the rebel tank...if so, is it a good layering piece perhaps under a JE t shirt? I imagine it will work fine under a hoodie but really curious about its look under a t shirt and its quality in general.

Vindeleon90

Reaction score

Does anyone own any of the loopwheel collection how is it?

They're awesome. I was unimpressed at first but after a few wears I fell in love. I alternated pants like 5x a week lol extra comfy. Good warmth

rbroseph

Reaction score
Anyone own the rebel tank...if so, is it a good layering piece perhaps under a JE t shirt? I imagine it will work fine under a hoodie but really curious about its look under a t shirt and its quality in general.
I own both rebel tanks.
They look great layering with sweaters but couldn't imagine them under the JE tee's as they're already lined with the same material the t-shirts are made out of and the cotton mesh is pretty heavy.
Probably the heaviest tanks I own as well, love them as a stand alone piece in the summer.

casadeozo

Reaction score
Has anyone had a serious issue with pilling with the JE + Co tees? I have about 6 of the classic crews in assorted colors including 2 white tees that arrived last week. The 2 white tees began pilling almost instantly. I can share pics as a reference. Not sure what to do and a bit dissapointed.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I own both rebel tanks.
They look great layering with sweaters but couldn't imagine them under the JE tee's as they're already lined with the same material the t-shirts are made out of and the cotton mesh is pretty heavy.
Probably the heaviest tanks I own as well, love them as a stand alone piece in the summer.

The black mesh tank releasing for SS15 is lightweight supima cotton mesh and does not have any layered jersey.

rbroseph

Reaction score
The black mesh tank releasing for SS15 is lightweight supima cotton mesh and does not have any layered jersey.

Will the new Alma's and other mesh products moving forward be constructed with this lightweight supima cotton mesh?
Also, any info on the mesh top Shaun Ross is wearing in the 2nd SS15 lookbook I posted earlier? (not the hooded rebel)
Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads