• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@JohnElliottCo are these pants definitely releasing? And what is the detail on them? Are they denim or a different material? Thanks

They will release for FW15. They are 2X1 custom selvedge denim with 2% stretch.

Dynamics

Reaction score

Feel like the mercer tank is really slept on as a layering piece. It's the least expensive JE basic and looks good under hoodies and even the other mercer tees since it's slightly longer. I need to pick up a black next, been wearing this grey a lot.

Anywhere I can still find that Acne hoody?

kjbaron89

Reaction score

Anywhere I can still find that Acne hoody?

I just looked and am surprised to see it's sold out at all of the online retailers. It is from a couple of seasons ago but I think they bring it out in different colors every now and then. I guess your best bet now would be eBay or grailed.

Dynamics

Reaction score

I just looked and am surprised to see it's sold out at all of the online retailers. It is from a couple of seasons ago but I think they bring it out in different colors every now and then. I guess your best bet now would be eBay or grailed.

Yeah I did the same. Ah well.

Joebo21

Reaction score
that be cool.
where'd you hear this ?

idk maybe I just made it up
rotflmao.gif
I hope there's one

DrinkOrDie

Reaction score
I'm ready for denim shirt and khaki 2X1 custom selvedge denim with 2% stretch!

kevinhaughey

Reaction score
I was talking about last year's Kith X JE collaboration. It was basically a lot of quilting and mesh, but the quilting didn't work out unfortunately.

The only thing I have seen of this year's collaboration was the cryptic picture posted earlier in this thread with the brand names with what looks to be a Japanese theme in the background. That picture was originally posted on JE's Instagram, but was removed because too many people were talking *********** comments. I even saw Ronny Fieg jump in there himself a few times.

Yea I just misunderstood what you meant at first, that's why I deleted my original response to you lol. I know about the Kith COA collab. Unfortunately, I also know about the quilting problems, I have the Escobars with the quilted knee panels. They are super dope but the stitching doesn't hold up well.

naylom11

Reaction score
Expecting some bias posting this here, but what the hell... I'm considering selling my 2013 stonewash Kanye Apc's in order to pick up the Coasts... From what you guys can tell (maybe those who've owned both) how's the wash compare? I love the KxAPC fading, but the fit in the waist sucks. Need a better pair of washed denim. Thanks for any input

mikeb88

Reaction score
Anyone selling a brand new dark grey villain hoodie size large??

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Expecting some bias posting this here, but what the hell... I'm considering selling my 2013 stonewash Kanye Apc's in order to pick up the Coasts... From what you guys can tell (maybe those who've owned both) how's the wash compare? I love the KxAPC fading, but the fit in the waist sucks. Need a better pair of washed denim. Thanks for any input

Wash is not the same at all. The coasts are darker and have more visible markings. The closest you can get to That wash is the slp denim. They are pretty identical.

Last edited:

kjbaron89

Reaction score

My unbiased opinion. I can't speak on the 2013 YePC but I have the 2014 YePC and 2015 the cast / coast and I haven't even worn the YePC since I bought the JE denim. The fit on the JE is just so much better for me. I do still love the YePC though. The fading is sick and they are a different wash/color than the JE. Considering getting them tailored to JE specs from the knee down so I can continue wearing them.

0gc3W3D.jpg

QhQczfN.jpg

One thing I like about the JE is that the inseam stitching blends in with the jeans better and makes for a cleaner look compared to YePC with the tan stitching.

2FsKCGF.jpg

In conclusion, I'd say the fit on JE is better but both pairs of jeans have awesome washes. I would keep the YePC of I were you, and buy the JE as well. When you have both in front of you decide what to do. Maybe alter your YePC at the tailor later if you really like the JE more, or just sell them. But don't sell before you have both in front of you.

My YePC are 27 and JE are 28 for reference.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads