1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. james nicolas

james nicolas Well-Known Member

has anyone seen the red flannel available anywhere in a Large? I've checked all the retailers I know about and only seem to see M or XL. Hoping I missed one somewhere.

2. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

Jbidwal: how thick/warm is it?

3. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

It's fairly thick but it's not densely knit so not too stiff. It's warm as well. Not hot but a nice warm that you can layer with

4. srizvi722

srizvi722 Well-Known Member

Sweater looks dope. I'm flying out to Seattle today, and I put on the Bolivia to see if I really wanted to keep it or not, and as nice as it is, I'm having trouble fetching up $700 for it and am sending it back. Might try out the coat for $200 extra which will be a lot more wearable now and in the long run
    [​IMG]

Wore this instead
    [​IMG]

5. walt143JE

walt143JE Well-Known Member

I saw the red flannel(brushed cotton as well as maroon one) at Bergdorf Goodman yesterday on 5th ave. I didnt check sizing but they dont appear to have it on their website so you could try calling their contemporary department and ask for a L?

6. dmill

dmill Well-Known Member

I'm digging the Bolivia look more than the look you went with. But I agree $700 is too much

7. Mackp12

Mackp12 Well-Known Member

Alpine bogota just arrived... and although I had my doubts the colour is quite true to the colour on JE's website. Awesome colour/perfect amount of sheen IMO. I picked up the black as well and have decided to keep the black as I can't justify keeping two bombers right now. Really wish I could have seen oak in person... seems very unique.

8. japejapejape

japejapejape Well-Known Member

^where did you cop the alpine from?

9. Mackp12

Notre Shop (sold out I believe)

10. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

black Friday is around the corner now.

11. DGibbs89

DGibbs89 Well-Known Member

What's the estimate on the wool coat tomorrow?

12. GBlue

GBlue Well-Known Member

Tried the Bolivia Zip at Holt Renfrew.
    $1050 smackers!!
    Btw, JE jeans here are $665CAD ($745 after taxes)
    for those who have trouble with $400USD jeans. lol

13. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

^ Holts' pricing doesn't make sense. No reason to shop there over RG (if you're in Vancouver at least).

14. rvbach

rvbach Member

any one have the Silver bomber jacket from Gap x JE? Wondering how the fit is

15. Mackp12

Holt's pricing is a joke! bogota from notre was literally $300 Canadian cheaper lololol. I'm from Vancouver and i ship most of my JE to Blaine and pick it up

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    2 people like this.
  16. GBlue

GBlue Well-Known Member

Yeah I get my stuff at Roden, SSENSE, and JE if I'm really desperate (I have to pay duties at the door, can't drive to Blaine.)

Holts is pretty much a place for me to try JE on because of the wack pricing.
    Roden sometimes sells out fast though.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  17. hyyvii

hyyvii Well-Known Member

For those that picked up the Oversized Thermal how thick warm is it? Is it as thick and warm as JE mainline french terry products?

18. rbroseph

rbroseph Well-Known Member

Hope we eventually see 6 panel hats considering John is always rocking them. Would be cool with their simplicity and fabrics.

19. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Well-Known Member

It's hard to compare the two fabrics because it's a stretchy thermal material. Not as thick or as warm as mainline French Terry (kake, villain), but warmer than the washed oversized stuff.
    I don't own any of the raw edge stuff, but I'd assume if you're looking for a warm, thick crew neck, you'd be better off with the raw edge. If you're looking for something to layer than the thermal is better.

Edit: to clarify layering. Raw edge on top of a shirt etc vs thermal under an flannel/overshirt

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016