• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@JohnElliot is the moderator of the forum and should ban this guy ^^. He's not leaving any helpful feedback in regards to anything John Elliott related and resorting to violent and vulgar language?

I love when folks let me know where to cop from when John Elliott's website sells out of a particular item. The OS hoodie has been long gone, and a ton of us probably would not have been able to get our hands on it if we weren't given a heads up on this forum that xhibition, machus or unkwn mi received stock. This thread is a John Elliott thread--we're here, because like @gerg99 said, we have a similar liking and respect for the brand. Whether it's discussion opinions on current items, or hopeful future releases, sizing, size OOS--where to cop; that's the whole point of this thread.

Let's get this thread back on track. I wasn't able to give my full opinion earlier on the paneled flight jacket bc I was typing it up on my phone, but yea it's Made in China, and I know that doesn't been it's going to be subpar quality than if it was made in the US, so that wasn't the entire deciding factor of me wanting to return it. It's a great jacket for a great price, but it does have that rugged running through vietnam look, and it's just a little too rugged for me. Fit is definitely cool and oversized, I thought it was kind of big on me. Good product for a good price, just not right for me.

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you have zero respect for the brand actually. do you think the ethos of the brand is sizing inquiries and dumb questions about fabrication? good luck getting me banned here

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sizing **** is annoying just buy two of what you think will work the best, then return the other - whala. JE is a low priced brand compared to many on SF such as SLP. If you can't afford to cough out double for a mere two weeks you probably shouldnt be buying $200 sweatpants and hoodies.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks you einstein, you are an actual einstein :) that's the point i've been trying to aggressively make.

dcvm1979

Reaction score

suisunfleet

Reaction score
I'd like to see pics of the olive paneled flight jacket if anyone's got em. I'm curious about the color shade, the filters on the site make it seem much brighter green than I expected.

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the new one? it's pretty green, much greener than the iridescent one

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This thread is now how I imagine KTT/NT/HB forums to be like.

Fwiw gray paint spatter was the best denim from this release. Spring was underwhelming in person.

Last edited:

suisunfleet

Reaction score
Yea i'm looking for pics of the olive paneled flight jacket so I can convince myself it's too bright so I don't cop haha. I'm daydreaming about that damn jacket. I went to buy the small black 5 min after release and it was sold out. Not even mad.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's more pale than bright ill try and take a pic when i get home

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jbidwal already posted some solid detailed pics, but if anyone wanted to see some more, here's some

DGibbs89

Reaction score

This thread is now how I imagine KTT/NT/HB forums to be like.

Fwiw gray paint spatter was the best denim from this release. Spring was underwhelming in person.

NT high end section is nothing like this lol. Everybody pretty much helps each other. Still get the sizing questions over and over but either people help or skip over it.

Anyway got my zincs from the tailor and now they passed my knee ripped rag and bones up as my favorite pair! Got the leg opening tailored to match my rags (14.75 - 15 cm I believe )

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NT high end section is nothing like this lol. Everybody pretty much helps each other. Still get the sizing questions over and over but either people help or skip over it.

Anyway got my zincs from the tailor and now they passed my knee ripped rag and bones up as my favorite pair! Got the leg opening tailored to match my rags (14.75 - 15 cm I believe )

What's your shoe size? I want to tailor mine a bit too but with my size 10 feet it's hard to get the jeans on. In the past only way to tailor skinny was to remove the hem.

vaeMD

Reaction score
Zincs are also my new favorite pair of jeans. Ended up picking up a Cast 2 Coast pair and love those too.

Used to wear only BLK DNM Jeans 25 -- have to say these are a step up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics