• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Wallace & Barnes Cone Denim?

tigerpac

Reaction score
oh no not if u wear them. By the way i like the naked and famous weird guy fit myself. the fit is good. U should try the Unbranded brand. they are $80 for 14 oz and $100 for their 21 oz denim
Good call - same company as N&F but with lower quality hardware and construction in somewhere China-ish but not China. I'd guess the denim quality isn't as good either but that's a great price.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I pulled the trigger on the jeans from the original post. I liked them and wanted to five them a chance. Seems like they have already stretched after just 2 wears.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you get them on sale?!
15% off. I needed a pair of jeans. Got sick of looking around. I was trying to find N&F jeans and couldn't locate any in my area. The unbranded was not appealing as people say construction is so-so. When I tried the Wallace and Barnes on in store they fit well. Disappointed after two wears. Will give another wear. I hate to size down and be uncomfortable in the jeans for a few months just to break them in.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How's the fit on them? I'm sure they will loosen up in a week or so. As for N&F jeans if u ever want to try a pair www.*********.com has a great sale on right now 30% off .
Website is blocked. The fit is solid. Not as tight in the crouch as APCs. More traditional yet fashionable. I would like to see if I could have gone 1 inch tighter.

Dirty Denim

Reaction score
Oops sorry didn't know it would get blocked . Pm sent

I have done that many a times wishing I bought a pair one size down. I now tend to buy mostly things I can read up about or try on in person. The key with most raw denim or any denim for that matter is to expect some stretching. In the past iv always bought my waist size but noticed they eventually stretched so much I hated the fit. I now generally go with a waist that's 1 down that stretches to my normal waist.

Last edited:

tigerpac

Reaction score
^^So you like the overall fit but disappointed in the waist?

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^So you like the overall fit but disappointed in the waist?
Yes. Then at $198 retail its expensive for something nobody is familiar with.

Olivine76

Reaction score
I gotta say, I'm some what sick of folks bashing jcrew denim. I've been a denim head for about ten years now, and have worn hard 5 pairs do Nudies, iron heart, momotaro, triple works, and oni. I recently bought a jcrew raw selvedge jeans out of curiocity and I have to say that all the details are good from the hidden rivets to the chain stitch and reinforcements in the right places. My understanding is that these jeans were sourced from warehouse denim (japan mill). Since jcrew so often has sales on line, I got them at a great price. Yea they were made in China, but hey Jcrew is a socially responsible company....yup really.....They are even collaborating with Apolis. The best thing about jcrew denim is the fact there is no branding on it at all and the fit....it's pretty hard to japanese denim that you don't have to alter the length with chain stitches....really all Japanese denim come in one legth...about 36". It's hard to find someone who will chain stitch. Basicaly, I grew up and learned not to be a snob and made my life easier on my self. I am currently wearing in jcrew denim to see what kinda fades I will get with great satisfaction so far.

Neognosis

Reaction score
I'm resurrecting this thread to say that I just bought, online, two pair of jeans from Jcrew:

a pair of wallace and barnes slim selvedge jean in white oak cone denim for 70 dollars, and pair of jcrew something or other bootcut jeans for 25 dollars. So, two pairs for under 100 dollars, one of which is made in the US. So, we'll see how they fit and whether or not I keep them. But, 25 dollars for jeans... had to take that risk. And 70 dollars for US made jeans... I also had to give those a try.

Jcrew has never failed to accept a return that I brought in to a store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads