• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Wallace & Barnes Cone Denim?

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the WALLACE & BARNES SLIM SELVEDGE JEAN IN WHITE OAK CONE DENIM
00ae.png
WITH RINSE WASH from J Crew?At $198 its not cheap. However, J Crew frequently has 30% off sales. The denim is made in the USA with Cone denim. They look sharp too...

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/denim/wallaceandbarnesslim/PRDOVR~60277/60277.jsp

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone? I would have thought someone on the forum would have tried these by now.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have not tried the Wallace and Barnes denim but own a couple shirts by them. The quality is pretty good. The thickness of their flannel material is great.
Do you think they are worth the price?

mws222

Reaction score
I picked up a pair when they were 30% off, although they are nice, I don't think they are worh the price so they will be going back.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I picked up a pair when they were 30% off, although they are nice, I don't think they are worh the price so they will be going back.
Wow! Disappointed. What jeans do you typically wear? I have APCs. How do they line up? Whats makes them not worth the price? They are 13.5 oz...

Last edited:

tigerpac

Reaction score
You can find cone mills jeans at the same price/cheaper with likely better construction. Though that's just a guess. Took a good hard look at the Wallace and Barnes flannels and they were pretty good. Not up to Flat Head/Iron Heart level of construction but very good and cheaper.

See:
http://www.rawrdenim.com/2012/11/5-raw-jeans-for-beginners/

Particularly the Left Field NYC Greaser Jeans for $175.

Dirty Denim

Reaction score
For me there are a few things that are important when buying a pair of jeans. Obviously u want them well made but I own a few pairs of high priced jeans and hate the way I look in them. I mean yea they are $400 to $500 well made jeans but I look like **** in them. So for me I'd rather buy something that fits me better than the quality being the reason I bought them. The unfortunate thing of a lot of the jeans we all like is they are not available to try on unless u buy and return till u find the right pair. Some of the supposed start up denims may be looked at as entry level jeans to most denim heads but when it comes to fits they tend to have the best fits as they are made for the general public and not the repro type customer. My point is don't get caught up in the name or price of a Jean because u will regret it like I have. For me it's overall fit then quality then price.

Last edited:

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great point What are your thoughts on the durability with this company?

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For me there are a few things that are important when buying a pair of jeans. Obviously u want them well made but I own a few pairs of high priced jeans and hate the way I look in them. I mean yea they are $400 to $500 well made jeans but I look like **** in them. So for me I'd rather buy something that fits me better than the quality being the reason I bought them. The unfortunate thing of a lot of the jeans we all like is they are not available to try on unless u buy and return till u find the right pair. Some of the supposed start up denims may be looked at as entry level jeans to most denim heads but when it comes to fits they tend to have the best fits as they are made for the general public and not the repro type customer. My point is don't get caught up in the name or price of a Jean because u will regret it like I have. For me it's overall fit then quality then price.
You can find cone mills jeans at the same price/cheaper with likely better construction. Though that's just a guess. Took a good hard look at the Wallace and Barnes flannels and they were pretty good. Not up to Flat Head/Iron Heart level of construction but very good and cheaper. See: http://www.rawrdenim.com/2012/11/5-raw-jeans-for-beginners/ Particularly the Left Field NYC Greaser Jeans for $175.
I own the PAC. Heard mixed reviews about apcs. It's hard to find naked and famous. I've gotta try jeans on before buying them.

Dirty Denim

Reaction score
Based on the shirts I own I'd say they are constructed well. They definitely have better shirt fabric then jcrew. So I would think it's a step up on what they produce. Either way if u bought them u would be venturing into the unknown and taking a risk that cost $200+ . The good thing is if they don't fit or are not what u expected u can simply return em.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Based on the shirts I own I'd say they are constructed well. They definitely have better shirt fabric then jcrew. So I would think it's a step up on what they produce. Either way if u bought them u would be venturing into the unknown and taking a risk that cost $200+ . The good thing is if they don't fit or are not what u expected u can simply return em.
j crew will let you return the jeans after wearing them??? Leaning toward the naked and famous just can't find them anywhere. The umbra des is too risky though. O many mixed reviews to save $100

tigerpac

Reaction score
Contact the guys over at http://tateandyoko.com/ They're pretty good with sizing questions and ask about their return policy, I believe its pretty easy. They carry a lot of N&F.

Not sure where you live but there are a lot of shops around NYC that carry the brand as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads