• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is your best friend of the opposite sex?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hws
I understand what you speak, the first sentence. For the second thing you speak, you have had a luck to make sex with lesbienne?
wink.gif

Why hws ... I'm a happily married man. But ... I like the way you think.

yarnsforth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheessus
my best friend is female and someone i've known since i was about 7-8 years old .... i talk to her about 3-4 times a week and i usually text her everyday... she is an important person in my life... there are personal reasons why i choose to keep in close contact with this friend... ive been sitting around re-evaluating my life right now because it is setting up to be an epic fail, so i kinda want to try and make some sense of it...
Seems to me that realizing that you have a best friend and appreciating her and your relationship is not fail.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
My best friend is a Lesbian ... does the "NO ****" disqualify? I get so sick of this "(no ****)" crap. I'm very tempted to have a thread that disqualifies anyone who has ever used the term "no ****."

Ditto here on both points.

I've known my best friend since HS (20+ years ago). She only came out about 8 years ago. She stood with me as my 'best woman' at my wedding.

And I'm about to block every single person who uses "no ****". Grow the **** up. The level of homophobia on the board galls me sometimes.

And for that matter, this thread reminds me why I'm friends with so few men.

b

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Ditto here on both points.

I've known my best friend since HS (20+ years ago). She only came out about 8 years ago. She stood with me as my 'best woman' at my wedding.

And I'm about to block every single person who uses "no home". Grow the **** up. The level of homophobia on the board galls me sometimes.

And for that matter, this thread reminds me why I'm friends with so few men.

b

Watch out "bra", only a "****" is friends with girls "because bitches ain't worth it unless they are choking on my cawk", cuz real mans don't have time "for no hoes who give 'em ****". If you have female friends, especially "carpet munchers", you are obviously "a ***** who is never gonna get laid". Because, you know, "a ***** is 2 much trouble to be friends with unless she is ******* u" and otherwise "you are just being chumped and emasculated". In conclusion, you are "a feggit".

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^no ****?
confused.gif

BillyMaysHere!

Reaction score
My best friend is male (a very rugged, manly man too), but his gf is a very close second, funnily enough. The first is close due to time and that for some unnameable reason, we have stood by each other while all others have fought each other and left to go live a lonely/fake life. As for the other, I think we just have a lot in common, I guess I'm sorta like the gay guy (I am bi, and I hang out on a clothing forum, so that sorta makes sense
tongue.gif
).

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
People still have these issues? Is this elementary school in the 1940's in Alabama?

Seriously, OP, maybe it's just your social circle or environment, but this situation is really less complicated than you make it out to be. It's 2010; the dynamics of relationships have changed. Come into the 21st century and enjoy the relationship you have.

As for the "no ****" part related to the gheyness of having opposite sex friendships... as a bewarer or the ensnarements of all Molluskula, by the logic set forth in this thread, I'm the most virile manly man man on this forum. Yes ****!

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BillyMaysHere!
My best friend is male (a very rugged, manly man too), but his gf is a very close second, funnily enough. The first is close due to time and that for some unnameable reason, we have stood by each other while all others have fought each other and left to go live a lonely/fake life. As for the other, I think we just have a lot in common, I guess I'm sorta like the gay guy (I am bi, and I hang out on a clothing forum, so that sorta makes sense
tongue.gif
).

I have never watched Brokeback Mountain, but I imagine it begins a lot like this.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
People still have these issues? Is this elementary school in the 1940's in Alabama?

Seriously, OP, maybe it's just your social circle or environment, but this situation is really less complicated than you make it out to be. It's 2010; the dynamics of relationships have changed. Come into the 21st century and enjoy the relationship you have.

As for the "no ****" part related to the gheyness of having opposite sex friendships... as a bewarer or the ensnarements of all Molluskula, by the logic set forth in this thread, I'm the most virile manly man man on this forum. Yes ****!

I think it would be really funny if the SF gheys started ending their posts with No ****.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I think it would be really funny if the SF gheys started ending their posts with No ****.

Why would we want to do that (no ****?)

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why would we want to do that (no ****?)

It would be like African Americans using the n-word to describe each other.

I <3 the SF gheys. No ****.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
It would be like African Americans using the n-word to describe each other.

I <3 the SF gheys. No ****.

I understand now. Thanks for the clarification. But, continuing in the n-word example, does this mean that Artisan Fan will now believe that he should be able to use it (no ****?)

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I understand now. Thanks for the clarification. But, continuing in the n-word example, does this mean that Artisan Fan will now believe that he should be able to use it (no ****?)

You'll have to axe that ni**a yourself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads