• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is your best friend of the opposite sex?

Runningman411

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I don't like listening to games, I'd rather talk with people. There is nothing to reevaluate except the stupid clichÃ
00a9.png
s you take for granted and that are limiting your horizons. Note that most dudes I know aren't really into being dumbass pricks and I can actually talk to them too.

I think you somehow have the impression that my friends and I are ESPN watching meatheads and that you, sophisticated man, are above that. Carry on...

Eccentric

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
its an impossible situation for me, I ether want to bone them, or i'm not interested in seeing them.

Yep, this.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Runningman411
I think you somehow have the impression that my friends and I are ESPN watching meatheads and that you, sophisticated man, are above that. Carry on...

Not really, I know people who are into sports and aren't morons. I am under the impression that you believe in marsupialed clichÃ
00a9.png
s and I told you so, that is all.

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its an impossible situation for me, I ether want to bone them, or i'm not interested in seeing them.

I was taking a psych class titled Human Sexuality once, when one of the girls in class proposed the theory that all guys feel that way. A poll of the male students followed, and they all agreed. I tried to formulate an argument against it, but then realized they were right.

guardimp

Reaction score
Only if all ypu think about is sex, and ignore just being friends.

BreakfastPirate

Reaction score
I've come to realize the only female friends I have that I don't necessarily want to ******** with are the ones I met several years before I started **********. I think there's something to this...

AThingForCashmere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threak
I was taking a psych class titled Human Sexuality once, when one of the girls in class proposed the theory that all guys feel that way. A poll of the male students followed, and they all agreed. I tried to formulate an argument against it, but then realized they were right.

Careful with that "all guys" stuff. A certain percentage of us don't see any women as anything other than friends.

But as a gay male, all of my best friends over the years have been male. I'm not big on talking, especially small talk. E.g. 15 minutes at most parties and I'm ready to leave. Very hard to find female friends who know how to just experience life without constantly talking about it.

Gingahbman

Reaction score
I think maintaining a "best friend" friendship with someone of the same sex is 10 times easier. I just feel with best friends of the opposite sex so many things can go wrong/awkward.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threak

I actually find it insulting to be viewed in any way other then sexual with a woman that i share a friendly connection with.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
this is why I keep an active cap on female friends. One and one alone. Everyone else is defined differently (roommate, roommate's friend, Steve's girlfriend, John's ex...whatever)...none of them are My Friends, despite how friendly we may be.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's important to have guy friends, but I just don't understand this "female friends are bad" attitude. It's not like I'm advocating being a doormat that girls can cry on and use as an emotional tampon. But having female friends is fun. There are plenty of girls who I like hanging out with that I do not want to ******** with. They are generally a 5-7 in looks, are decent arm candy, cool, intelligent...just not my type.

If anything it gets me laid more than hanging out with all guys. Other girls see that you have plenty of girls around. They introduce you to other chicks (roommates, coworkers, friends).

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hello, exactly.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
It's important to have guy friends, but I just don't understand this "female friends are bad" attitude. It's not like I'm advocating being a doormat that girls can cry on and use as an emotional tampon. But having female friends is fun. There are plenty of girls who I like hanging out with that I do not want to ******** with. They are generally a 5-7 in looks, are decent arm candy, cool, intelligent...just not my type. If anything it gets me laid more than hanging out with all guys. Other girls see that you have plenty of girls around. They introduce you to other chicks (roommates, coworkers, friends).
oh I have lots of women around me, and I get along great with basically all of them....I just don't consider them friends. I file them differently. When other women see you with a bunch of female friends the assumption is either that you are gay, or, when they try and set you up with someone, then 'if he's so great, why aren't you ******* him?' - neither assumption works for me, so the cap is in place. That said, a couple of the girls I am around most come in very handy as wings, cos it doesn't matter how ugly the friend of the target may be, they are willing to jump on that grenade for me, even when the boys are backing slowly slowly away. I have one pig ugly best friend of hot chick specifically in mind at the moment, my One Female Friend has been remarkably useful there
smile.gif

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My best friend is a women and not my wife, which is why my wife is not happy, but it works. We just became such good friends after getting to know each other at a part time job we both work at. I figure a friend should be anyone we can get along with and have a good time with.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
oh I have lots of women around me, and I get along great with basically all of them....I just don't consider them friends. I file them differently.

When other women see you with a bunch of female friends the assumption is either that you are gay, or, when they try and set you up with someone, then 'if he's so great, why aren't you ******* him?' - neither assumption works for me, so the cap is in place.

That said, a couple of the girls I am around most come in very handy as wings, cos it doesn't matter how ugly the friend of the target may be, they are willing to jump on that grenade for me, even when the boys are backing slowly slowly away.

I have one pig ugly best friend of hot chick specifically in mind at the moment, my One Female Friend has been remarkably useful there
smile.gif

Pretty sure we had this convo on your motorcycle within 10 minutes of meeting.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads