• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing Sizeadvisor.com: Find shoes that fit

Icehawk

Reaction score
You are in luck - I'm a 41.5 and I keep notes on the shoes I have tried on. I will make sure and post my stuff to your site sometime over the weekend.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've got another idea... not sure how this'll work. But basically have some sort of printout of a foot that someone can step onto and take measurements off of, then they click which shoes fit them. That way someone else might be able to just enter their measurements and it'll spit out which shoes should fit them based on what everyone else entered. meaning I don't have to only enter one shoe to get another shoe that'll work, I could just enter measurements.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This might just work (which would be great), but you do need very precise, illustrated instructions on how to measure. Then you could ask the shoe manufacturers for similar measurements of their lasts (including info on how they are graded by size etc.)

Claus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Icehawk
You are in luck - I'm a 41.5 and I keep notes on the shoes I have tried on. I will make sure and post my stuff to your site sometime over the weekend.
Cool! Note that invites are send out by mail when Sizeadvisor opens. This may take another week or two.
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
That way someone else might be able to just enter their measurements and it'll spit out which shoes should fit them based on what everyone else entered. meaning I don't have to only enter one shoe to get another shoe that'll work, I could just enter measurements.
This is how it works, basically. Sorry if I didn't make this clear.
blush.gif
Expressed differently: Your ratings are used to calculate recommendations for your 'neighbors' (people with feet similar to yours). Your neighbors' ratings are used to calculate recommendations for you. You don't need to make a single rating to get recommendations. But... if you have no neighbors or they didn't provide any ratings, there's no recommendation for you.
Originally Posted by radicaldog
... you could ask the shoe manufacturers for similar measurements of their lasts (including info on how they are graded by size etc.)
Given enought data, there's no need for this. But it might be useful for less known manufacturers to provide fitting information to customers, yes.
smile.gif

the_sartorialist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Claus
To find bugs and get some initial real data, I'm now looking for testers. It would be awesome if some of you guys could help me get this started!

And if you're around US 8.5 / UK 7.5 / EU 41.5 that would be really amazing!
smile.gif

Of course, any feedback is welcome. If you have questions, please just ask.

Claus,

That's a pretty nifty idea you got there. I'm actually between UK 7.5 and UK 8, so I think I could help.

Kazou

Reaction score
Great Idea Claus. Would help me from searching threads after threads about shoe sizes. :p
Count me in to help!

Claus

Reaction score
Thanks, to both of you!
smile.gif

Again, I still need a few more days before invitations are sent out but I'm already trying to clean things up a bit.

Claus

Reaction score
Short info: I've sent out the invitations today.

If you didn't get an e-mail although you've registered, check your spam folder. If it's not there, sent me a PM here or use the contact form. The same holds if you have problems to register.

For posting problems, questions, or feature requests, I've set up a small feedback forum at Sizeadvisor. The first bug was already fixed.
smile.gif

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're interested in the larger end of the scale UK 11 - 11.5 drop me a PM.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, people have different standards for what counts as a well-fitting shoe. Some people like roomy shoes, others like a tighter fit.

Claus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
If you're interested in the larger end of the scale UK 11 - 11.5 drop me a PM.

Thanks, will do.

@radicaldog: I thought about this as well and I believe there's a way to take such preferences into account, one day.

Dexx

Reaction score
Super Idee! Viel Erfolg damit! Ich kann mir locker ein start up vorstellen, wenn die Hersteller Werbung bei dir schalten. Bin btw 41,5 EU, habe aber noch nicht so viel Erfahrung mit den verschiedenen Schuhen, leider!

Claus

Reaction score
Short status update: Everything seems to run fine so far, apart from some smaller bugs. An annoying one was that frontpage showed the oldest ratings, instead of the latest.
blush.gif
This is fixed now. As one can see, we're slowly building up speed. There're already ratings for (UK) 6.5 and (US) 9.5 sizes. I figure these guys probably would like others who wear similar sizes to join the site. So I post a public invitation code here as a test. If you consider yourself a (UK) 6.5 or a (US) 9.5, and you're willing to share your fitting experience with your fellows, please use megan as an invitation code. It works 25 times and expires Friday. Contact me if you run into problems.

Icehawk

Reaction score
I added my measurements - had no idea just how differently size my two feet were!

Would really like to see more shoe brands listed, I don't own any in the list and have only tried a single shoe that is listed. How about adding the popular brands carried by NM, Saks, etc?

Here are brands I have good fitment notes on:

Gucci, Prada, Tod's, Ferragamo, DJ Pliner, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Too Boot and about a half dozen others (LV, Bally, etc).

Claus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Icehawk
How about adding the popular brands carried by NM, Saks, etc?

Hey, thanks for participating!
smile.gif

Concerning your suggestion: I have no information about the lasts these brands use. I guess, most buyers have no information either. (Well, except Ferragamo and Bally, maybe.)

If it turns out that people find all the stuff about lasts too complicated, I'll drop that. Then, I can support all of these. And also the more popular sneaker brands.

Right now, I'd like to try with last information. But if it turns out you are right, I'll add these brands and many more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads