• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In Praise (but also Suspicion) of Patterned Pants

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
you guys need to step your game up

untitled.jpg

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
I know you're going for the ridiculous look here, but as someone that wears FU pants rather regularly, I think you're better served to match them with an otherwise somber look. Look to Ed for awesome examples of this and you'll see an otherwise well-tailored, conservative look gives the pants a lot more pop. Here you just look like an unorganized Easter egg. Again, I know this was half of what you're trying to accomplish with this fit. Also, was this taken at Carolina Cup?

EDIT: Put your collar down.

Last edited:

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

My wife mocks me when I wear my pants that high :(

As well she should. A couple more inches in the rise and you could dispense with wearing shirts. No more need for CVS cloth tape.

Last edited:

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BTW, the last pic I posted was of another SFer, not me. My current waist size is about the same as my age.

Which is.....

Edit: I vaguely remember Spoo talking about this once, aren't you pretty young?

Last edited:

inlandisland

Reaction score
Here's the pair I made last summer (F in pattern matching):

I like patterned pants fwiw. Does anyone have/wear pants with an embroidered motif (sailboats, dogs, etc.) a la BB?

@rs232 - did you make the ones in your pic?

Last edited:

southernstyle

Reaction score

I know you're going for the ridiculous look here, but as someone that wears FU pants rather regularly, I think you're better served to match them with an otherwise somber look. Look to Ed for awesome examples of this and you'll see an otherwise well-tailored, conservative look gives the pants a lot more pop. Here you just look like an unorganized Easter egg. Again, I know this was half of what you're trying to accomplish with this fit. Also, was this taken at Carolina Cup?
EDIT: Put your collar down.

I'd consider it an organized easter egg but yes, Carolina Cup.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

Needsmoreshoes

Reaction score
Can anyone with a substantial collection of awesome plaid/textured/glencheck pants tell me some of the brands please? I've been looking for some pants like these for ages but to no avail!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads