• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have never been thin.

gvibes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by avatar
This spring, with the thaw over, I returned to the walking and trying to eat less. At the end of the spring, I was wearing size L shirts, and 33s and 34s in jeans. I realize that to many of you, an "L" is gigantic, especially in American sizing - but it's the smallest I've ever been.

Yesterday, I ate almost nothing, mainly out of necessity - I moved to a new apartment, didn't really have food, too late for delivery, etc.

This morning, before eating, I weighed myself at 222.5 pounds. I've lost around 50 pounds, and still have another 50 or so I'd like to lose.

Dang, you must be tall. I'm 5'11", weigh a bit less than what you do, and sport a wicked 38" waist.

fluffynelly

Reaction score
I know that often, when someone congratulates me, I feel as though I'm skinny enough to go out and eat a pie. I pay less attention because "HEY! I'm congratulated."

Keeping that in mind, I'd like to congratulate you. It sounds like you've spent a lot of time on this and you are very determined. I'll be thinking of you the next time i feel lazy.

-Nelly

Reaction score
Onward! Onward! Onward!

Weekly loss 2.06 pounds. Daily deficit: 1028 calories.

Aiwass

Reaction score
how do people get fat anyway, im too lazy to sit around and stuff my face all day

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went from 250 to 180 in about two years. That means from a 52 to a 44 in suits and from a 42 to a 34.
I did it by a modified atkins diet. It takes a little longer, but it has stayed off and stabilized now.
I think once you change your metabolisim, you have to be willing to maintain it. I have seen plenty of people lose and gain back that and more.

zatarregaza

Reaction score
So long as you keep the mass you acquire from working out with weights your metabolism is sure to stay stoked all the time. The key is maintaining the mass, so that it doesn't turn to fat.

I had always heard a larger muscle burns more calories in a sedentary state than a smaller one.

AdamJaz

Reaction score
I went from 203 ish (that's what I weighed in the doctors office) to 163. I have been sticking between 163 and 167, usually.

I am 6'1", so I would consider myself thin.

All the will power you need is what you will look like. I find that modifying eating habits is easy with a goal in mind.

Now that I've lost the weight, I keep it off by exercise.

Find a cardio regiment you like. Learn to jog, buy a road bike, anything.

I have always been a bike rider, but I've stepped it up. I can still eat basically anything after a bike ride and my body just dissolves it.

Good luck!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads