• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How tall are you compared to your significant other

Blurv

Reaction score
Despite being 6'6" tall I've only got 4" on my 6'2" gf.

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
Yea it's weird...shorter men seem to like it more than men around my own height, even. I don't really care about being "too tall" and often go out in high heels. I can't change the fact that most men are shorter than me, so I just embrace it. I actually think being so tall makes me sexy.

You go girl@!

pgd3

Reaction score
6'1"ish to her 5'10"ish.

Luckily when she wears heels I'm also usually wearing a dress shoe or a boot, so I get to cut down on her advantage.

16-Ton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
"I like chicks with small hands...makes ******* look bigger."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
I am 6'2" and my wife is 5'2". Which is a bit odd, in that most of the girls I dated before I was married were in the 5'7-5'9'' range. Unfortunately, given my choice, my kids are going to be short ...
ffffuuuu.gif

Not necessarily, I could see your kids being a couple inches shorter than you at most, but I wouldn't sweat it. My friend is 5'9.5 and his brother is about the same height. His dad is 5'8/5'9, and his mom is only 5'/5'1. Although, I think Michael Jordan's kids were shorter because of his choice in marrying.
ffffuuuu.gif

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My dad is 6'1", my mom is 5'3".

I'm 6', my brother is 6'4". Obviously there's more going on that just the limiting height of one parent.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *#..
Not necessarily, I could see your kids being a couple inches shorter than you at most, but I wouldn't sweat it. My friend is 5'9.5 and his brother is about the same height. His dad is 5'8/5'9, and his mom is only 5'/5'1. Although, I think Michael Jordan's kids were shorter because of his choice in marrying.
ffffuuuu.gif

Well, I hope you are right for my son's sake, but my experience as a basketball coach has been to look for the height of the mother as a better indicator of the height of the child than the height of the father. Well, that and the fact that the mother is definitely the mother whereas the father ...

VerdeMar

Reaction score
It is humilliating for the man EGO to be smaller than a woman, ofcourse if the girl is a freak forget it or have more than 1,80meters. Dont you agree ?

SVS

Reaction score
I'm more than a foot taller. It's weird and I'd prefer someone closer to my height.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blurv

Were did you meet, volleyball camp?

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when you're 5'2" there are not nearly enough short girls in the world.

Tom R

Reaction score
I'm 6'3", she's 5'10".

Tall girls seem to care the most about how tall a guy is. I was once approached on the street by a >6' woman with a tiara and sash that read "Ms. Tall California," who invited me to join the Silicon Valley tall people club. My theory is that it was created by tall women who wanted an easy way to find guys tall enough for them. I mean, being tall isn't exactly something you can have a lot of conversation about...

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
same height. I am short, so its pretty hard to find a girl my size. I wont date taller girls AT ALL. I ruined some poor girl in college's life apparently by not dating her. she was like 5/6" taller than me. Things were in the wrong places. the sex was weird. She weighted different..... I get mad at my fiance when she is taller than me for some reason. I tell her to shrink or the wedding is off.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blurv

Oh man! Nice.
smile.gif

I'm 6'6" too and can never find someone over 6 feet to date.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads