• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am totally impressed with how your tie always ends on the exact bottom of your belt. I also love that tie, who is it made by?

What you don't know is he's holding it up with his other hand so the length is perfect while taking a picture.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks awfully for all your kind comments and for always posting such interesting pictures of yourselves. Sometimes I have noticed that some of you have posted pictures of yourselves holding your cell phones. I have never posted a picture of myself holding a cell phone (until now).

Here's my cell phone and I. I am wearing a Brooks Brothers jacket, blue OCBD, and tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Lyle & Scott fairisle sweater vest, Orvis cord trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes. The iPhone is wearing a monogramed SENA tan grain leather iPhone sleeve with tweed lining.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ymmv but I prefer the tie to end at the top of the buckle.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am totally impressed with how your tie always ends on the exact bottom of your belt. I also love that tie, who is it made by?

Thanks. It's Cappelli -- recently made for me. Unlined 3 fold. And superb. If I had one complaint, the tip is just a hair asymmetrical. But it's nothing major.

I aim for midway. Top of buckle makes me look like a caricature from the 1940s, especially if my pents slip down a bit over the day. At bottom or below is obviously no good. But by the same token, I only retie if I've really mucked it up the first time.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
And I prefer it at the middle of the buckle :foo:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aaahhh those pants are pleated (single, forward), like all of my pants. The pleats begin 6cm below the waistband, that's why you don't see them in the pictures. I don't like flat fronts.

That's an interesting config for pleats - any particular reason do it that way? Got any photos that show the pleats?

Those boots look like Loake Bedales. Never seen them in black before.

Problem with this is that in certain body positions, the tip will in fact ride up quite high above the belt and look way too short. Looks even worse if it's a fairly wide tie.

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long time no post...

Couldn't get a full shot with my awful lighting so this will have to work.

Navy triple patch blazer
Flannel gray pants (really wish these had enough extra for a cuff)
Wool tie
Alden Shell
Rando PS (earthy tones, just doesn't look like it in the picture)

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Long time no post...

Couldn't get a full shot with my awful lighting so this will have to work.

Navy triple patch blazer
Flannel gray pants (really wish these had enough extra for a cuff)
Wool tie
Alden Shell
Rando PS (earthy tones, just doesn't look like it in the picture)

Those boots are so freaking nice.

I'd probably have picked a different tie, but not bad.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be because I am a magician, but I never have a problem with my tie riding up during the day. In any case, I think I may try the middle of the buckle length a few times. Just for variety sake.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sothing is off about the jacket to my eye. To much fabric from top buttoned button to bottom of jacket I think. Makes it look like it wants to be an overcoat but not. :/

I was just about to make the same comment. @heldentenor it might help if you try buttoning it as if it were a 6x1, is that possible? Thumbed anyway, because I like the fit.

Thanks awfully for all your kind comments and for always posting such interesting pictures of yourselves. Sometimes I have noticed that some of you have posted pictures of yourselves holding your cell phones. I have never posted a picture of myself holding a cell phone (until now).

Here's my cell phone and I. I am wearing a Brooks Brothers jacket, blue OCBD, and tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Lyle & Scott fairisle sweater vest, Orvis cord trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes. The iPhone is wearing a monogramed SENA tan grain leather iPhone sleeve with tweed lining.

Awesome!
lol8[1].gif

Problem with this is that in certain body positions, the tip will in fact ride up quite high above the belt and look way too short. Looks even worse if it's a fairly wide tie.

Could be because I am a magician, but I never have a problem with my tie riding up during the day. In any case, I think I may try the middle of the buckle length a few times. Just for variety sake.

Hmmm, I don't care that much where my tie ends as long as it is not past the belt. But then again, I admit to wearing the odd tie penis now and then. Please no jokes about that riding up during the day or in certain body positions, thank you.
biggrin.gif

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sothing is off about the jacket to my eye. To much fabric from top buttoned button to bottom of jacket I think. Makes it look like it wants to be an overcoat but not. :/

I was just about to make the same comment. @heldentenor it might help if you try buttoning it as if it were a 6x1, is that possible? Thumbed anyway, because I like the fit.

Good call, Elio--I'll see if I can give it a roll out as a 6x1, but the button stance is aggressively high and the lapels are slim for a DB, which exaggerates the proportions as you guys noted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics