• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Today dodging the showers

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy moly @Coxsackie that's a bit of a punk haircut! Hahaha.

gavspen

Reaction score

It doesn't take time travel to get from my apartment on the Upper West Side to midtown, near Le Bernardin - merely the #1 train.

I forgot there was a chap here who calls himself Bernoulli. Lunch with one of the other Bernoullis might require something more elaborate than the #1 train. The Tardis, maybe?;)

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I forgot there was a chap here who calls himself Bernoulli. Lunch with one of the other Bernoullis might require something more elaborate than the #1 train. The Tardis, maybe?;)

No Time Lords were required in order for us to make our luncheon appointment. :satisfied:

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chilly morning despite the sun.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AAS, if I buy you a pair of shoes, will you agree to burn those loafers?

The bigger issue, as AAS addressed, is that they are black, and that fit needed brown.

Just out of curiosity, how many pairs of dress shoes do you guys own.  I have 5 pairs of bit loafers, 4 pairs of oxford captoes, one pair of tassel loafers, one pair of suede penny loafers, one pair norwegians, two pairs of shortwings and two pairs of boots.  16 pairs for me not including sneakers, espadrilles, etc.  Kind of a lot now that I think about it.  

An even dozen when it comes to dress shoes. Im at the point where if I get any more, a pair has to go.

----

Cox, I liked that more before I realized that it was not a suit. Lapels and collar a bit skimpy for me too.

----

Mr. Chris, superb.

----

That Don C fit was one of his better fits. Surprised that it got less love than some of his more out there combos.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Chris, I'm going to ignore that BD and say that is awesome.

Looking good Crusty and Bern!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does not even need to be ignored, because it is perfect and wonderfully coherent with everything around it.

:)

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really nice Pand, you certainly have not lost your sense of style. Are you still thrifting much of your duds?

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really nice Pand, you certainly have not lost your sense of style. Are you still thrifting much of your duds?

Cheers! Mr. D! For the most part yes as well as a lot of clearance buying. The knit tie is a vintage C. 1950's Pierre Cardin that I thrifted in San Fran and the black suede shows were a DSW clearance find. The rest is either Marshall's or H&M (minus the overcoat). This entire fit, save the overcoat, which an x-mss gift, ran under $200 :embar:

Last edited:

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads