• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blekit

Reaction score
@Dennis Walter Is this Suitsupply Havana three-piece suit from last winter collection? If so, it looks much better live than on the promotional photos and I kind of wish I got one for myself now.

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from the green tie challenge.

The lookbooks for Drake's of London gave me the idea for this fit. I love this jacket with denim.

SC - Raffaele Caruso tweed
Shirt - Kamakura
Tie - Tie your Tie Cashmere
Trousers - Levi´s
Shoes - C&J Belgrave in Polo Suede

Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The lookbooks for Drake's of London gave me the idea for this fit. I love this jacket with denim.

Shirt - Kamakura
Trousers - Levi´s

Hope you're wearing purple socks :)

Last edited:

JHT652

Reaction score
You had the right idea in your head this morning when you dressed. But, in practice this is a failure.

The orphan suit jacket is a failure. Both as an odd jacket...and more importantly in relation to how it fits you. It doesn't fit you. I think you should get rid of it. It's too short and an alteration on it won't help. I don't like the "french blue" shirt. To me this is a strictly business shirt. Not one I would wear with an odd jacket and trousers. And one in general that I would choose rarely. The tie and ps are ok. The best thing about your fit is your shoes which are a serious improvement over every other pair I have seen from you.

But I think most importantly your fits give off an unpleasant slovenliness. Perhaps it is the heavy wrinkling of your jacket and trousers which is worsened by the poor fit of the jacket. A well pressed jacket and sharply creased trousers would improve your overall appearance dramatically.

+1 I think this about nearly all of Koala's fits.

Spandexter, very cool.

Anden, looking good. I've really liked the Drake's lookbook this season.

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SYCSYC

Reaction score
Thanks for all the thumbs up on yesterday's outfit!

I'm not very familiar with the term of "low-contrast" outfit, but I guess you could call what I wear today like this.

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SYCSYC , may I just say that you are one of the most improved posters around here lately.

Shoes still need work though

Last edited:

Dennis Walter

Reaction score

Yes indeed @blekit - it is a SuSu. The urge to have it hit me like a thunderstruck when i first laid eyes upon it. It doesn´t get much love around here, but i love it.

Cheers, @Anden .

Shirt - Kamakura
Trousers - Levi´s

@Anden - a freaking awesome look, depite the jeans. I wouldn´t wear jeans with a tie (seems incongruent to me), so i would have ditched them in favor of grey flannels. Still: a killer look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads