• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks to Cox for keeping the TASSEKS dream alive. Nice wheels in that last fit, AAS.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Cox for keeping the TASSEKS dream alive. Nice wheels in that last fit, AAS.
Thanks. They're PRL from a few years ago. They have a super annoying pull tab on the back that always catches my pants. I've been meaning to have it removed.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Be happy your stuff goes through SFO customs and not LAX, Andy. My tie from Harry has been sitting in LA for 5 days and a package from Shaya for 11!

Sorry to hear that, Murl. After 11 days I'd be going crazy. Who is the carrier?

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Andy57
 Very nice.  I love the neutral tones.  I think the square blends too much with the jacket.   

Yes, I am inclined to agree. The square is from Put This One and I've been trying to figure out how to use it. I thought it picked out some of the color in the tie I originally had on today. When I put the red madder on to take the picture, I left the square alone. But I don't think it's a good compliment to the jacket no matter what tie I would be wearing.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Amazing tie. The pocket squares complements it nicely. Is that an orphaned suit jacket? I think it looks fine either way. I wish the button stance was a lower and the jacket was longer. Good length on the pants.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

SFF:
HY
KW

Last edited:

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that, Murl. After 11 days I'd be going crazy. Who is the carrier?

USPS of course. A couple minutes after I posted, they finally released! Great tie and nice fit.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For some reason I don't like that tie with that shirt. It's like... It's like the texture echoes the shirt pattern in a weird way. You get a thumb anyway because the rest is great.
Agreed. The shirt base seems to be an ecru color which doesn't go well with the yellow dots. I'm not crazy about the tie with the jacket either. I think there's too much blue (which can definitely work sometimes).

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Amazing tie. The pocket squares complements it nicely. Is that an orphaned suit jacket? I think it looks fine either way. I wish the button stance was a lower and the jacket was longer. Good length on the pants.
Thanks, and thanks. Yes, it is an orphaned suit jacket with a lot of texture. I've been trying to figure out if it works or not. I agree that it would be better longer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads