• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

deacon-hh

Reaction score

Quote:
Very nice! what was the cloth used for this suit?
Is a Suitsupply Washington. pure wool.
3302fb3de19184a5a16cabbd84a573f2.jpg

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirt and tie are both very warm in color and clash in my eyes. A light blue shirt or a colder brown tie would be much better, I think.

In retrospect I agree. I don't have a darker brown tie. I thought a black tie would work better but I didn't want to wear black shoes which in my mind is required with a black tie. Am I wrong in my thinking?

PS. I really appreciate the feedback.

Last edited:

TimH

Reaction score

@Mr Knightley asked if I wear socks when it's 90F. The answer is yes, here's a picture (wearing socks) on a day a few months ago when it was around 110F. The problem with all the bizarre comments (often made by people who never post pictures of themselves) is that the bizarre comments sometime discourage people from posting pictures of themselves. I like seeing what people all over the world are wearing but when you compare the total number of people on Earth to the number of people who post pictures here, it's only a tiny percentage of the Earth's total population, so I don't like to see anyone get discouraged from posting pictures. It's also hard to understand why some people make bizarre comments about the pictures. Everyone has a different size screen, has different settings on their devices, and some people are colorblind, so the pictures never look like the actual person. I used to work for The Metropolitan Museum Of Art. The pictures in the catalogs (taken by the best photographers with the best equipment and lighting) never looked as good as the actual items in the exhibits. This was even more so with three dimensional items, like fashion or sculpture.
True Gentlemen always wear socks don't they?

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

SYCSYC

Reaction score
Ready to rock the executive comitee.
PS is only for the pics in a kind of "what I would wear if it wasn't my first executive comitee at new job today" way.

Last edited:

ReddyMade

Reaction score
Today. Finally some improvement in my shirt game I guess ;)

* Suitsupply jacket
* Osovski shirt
* Embassy of Elegence tie
* Poszetka Handcrafted pocketsquare
* belt and trousers from Massimo Dutti
* doublemonks from Shoepassion
* Seiko watch

As always, I'm happy to get any feedback.

Looks great!

I'd personally would want to go with a different color pocket square since the outfit is already so blue.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@DiplomaticTies , I think the top look with the brown plaid tie works better than the second one - might have have to do with the higher contrast between shirt / tie. The SC is killer, seems to be a wool-silk-linen blend of sorts?

Close. It's a wool/cashmere/silk blend. I like it a lot, even if the fabric is pretty robust it has a very soft touch. Wish it was 2 cm longer, otherwise very happy with it.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
Great sock game on the last couple of pages. Good to see that some people do not succumb to the hardliners in the forum. Also agree completely with Roycru, grown men wear socks regardless of weather. Barefoot in double monks is a look for teenagers who dont know any better.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My one Italian suit. Totally unconstructed from Sartoria Partenopea. Marquess imitation brogues.

Well, there is an obvious lesson to be learned here, isn't it?

Get more Italian suits.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New tie, new vest.

Jacket, waistcoat, & trousers: Bespoke Steed (vest is the NMWA x Fox oatmeal flannel)
Shirt: Proper Cloth
Tie: H N White
Shoes: Edward Green

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Be happy your stuff goes through SFO customs and not LAX, Andy. My tie from Harry has been sitting in LA for 5 days and a package from Shaya for 11!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads