• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently the brown gunclub was the discovery of 2015. Beautiful jacket, Mr. Six.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One sweet sweet combo.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I just bought a length of WA dk brown houndstooth with red deco, but I like yours better.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you @Sander . Me think too it would work fine with sky oxford. I have a yellow small gingham in production ment for this suit. Exited and will collect in few weeks.
Sounds like it would be very nice with this tie as well.
rainy weather today:
Truzzi Cappelli Rubi MTM Jacket Mackintosh
Really nice.
First post. Be Gentle please.
As others have said, the velvet is out of context here; trousers seem to be of a really light fabric too, no? That would make the contrast even stronger.
Would like to solicit some help here...I typically do not wear sweaters under my jackets, just a personal preference. Tried this out today and was initially happy but now that I'm seeing it something seems off. Is it the borders of the cardigan or is it just a bad color for the rest of the fit (it's a dark navy though it appears black in the photo)?
I think it's mainly the border of the cardigan (just becomes too busy in the center), and the fact that it's very dark doesn't help. A plain forest green could have been very nice.
Deal with it.
The lapel I can deal with easily, the tie not so much. :embar:
Sorry if i didn't comments fit everytime, but there is so much wonderful outfit here.
That's a nice suit and a nice shirt, but I think they're not so nice together.
Kent Wang mid grey tweed unstructured suit Kent Wang linen/cotton shirt Kent Wang brown cashmere tie Kent Wang Lod Mosaic silk pocket square Kent Wang gold tie clip Kent Wang handgrade penny loafer Cool tie. Nice madder-like colors.
Great fit. The linen in the shirt would bother me personally, but it's not like anyone could see it had you not mentioned it. The shade of grey is perfect.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Experimenting with fabrics today. Wearing my Ralph knitted tie, Savile Row Company Cotton Shirt and Spitalfields Velvet blazer.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year, gentlemen. Some great looks to kick off 2016 above.

Yesterday was my first day in the office since 23 December and it all came rather hard.

Things were helped a bit by the lovely crisp, frosty morning and some new pieces (thanks to Mrs K and Christmas) including: Harvie and Hudson shirt, tortoise and hare silver cufflinks and Bresciani woollen OTC socks.

Nice Hermes Tie. I have the same in pink
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's warmed up a little bit here in NYC, so no need to drag out the camel's hair coat again - for a while at least. Something simple for midweek.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt & Tie - BB
Collar pin - Cable Car Clothiers, SF
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg, London
Braces - Paul Stuart
Shoes - Florsheim Royal Imperial (Magnanni)
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Crombie
Hat - Scala

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice Hermes Tie. I have the same in pink
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Thanks Mr E. I think it is my current favourite Hermes. Mrs K loves animals and each Christmas in recent years she has bought me one of their ties depicting one type of animal or another - this one from a couple of years back
smile.gif

Last edited:

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little more than half of that.

False.

At the bare minimum you are spending $125 to $150 for a quality belt that should last you a minimum of a few years. And many are spending much more than the $190 on a single belt...and belts can literally cost into the thousands.

So the $190 for the braces remains well within the acceptable price range.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would like to solicit some help here...I typically do not wear sweaters under my jackets, just a personal preference. Tried this out today and was initially happy but now that I'm seeing it something seems off. Is it the borders of the cardigan or is it just a bad color for the rest of the fit (it's a dark navy though it appears black in the photo)?

I think the colored border makes it a bit busy, especially since nothing about it ties into the rest of the rig. The base color is also a bit dark for the rest of the rig. So, both.

The shirt strikes me as potentially a bit dressy for that (awesome) tweed – better an oxford cloth or something, maybe a tattersall with the solid tie.

I'd also argue that there isn't quite room for a sweater under that jacket. It looks a hair tight over it.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sick. Cold.

Hate wearing ties when I'm sick.

My colds are generally nasty for about a day. Hopefully will be back to tie wearing tomorrow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads