• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, nut imo either tie too dark or shoes too light.
Thank you.
I wanted to add somte blue with the tie, and thought I needed a contrast to the shirt.

With a brown jacket, and brown trousers, I did not want to wear another brown (shoes) in the same-ish tone, and went for something chestnut.
I appreciate the feedback though. What would you have suggested for colour on tie or shoes?

DonCologne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_nqqkawBznA1r8bgano1_540.jpg

tumblr_nqqkc57XM81r8bgano1_540.jpg

tumblr_nqqkc57XM81r8bgano2_540.jpg

The shoes are way too light. I think a black or dark brown cap toe oxford would be much better.

Last edited:

fromscrath

Reaction score
which won't affect shoes and ties. Next year I'll be taking 12-18 months off to go back to school, kind'a, and I trust myself to lose 20-25 pounds once I have the downtime and control of my schedule.
smile.gif

Beware, it is a common misconception. I recently lost 60 pounds. I went down two sizes. From 10.5 to 8.5.
It doesn't look like it but weight loss does affect your feet size. Especially on the instep portion regarding my experience as well as in the ball and the heel width.

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something light and simple for a Tuesday.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - BB
Tie - Lewin
Braces - New & Lingwood
Cufflinks - Liberty
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you.

I wanted to add somte blue with the tie, and thought I needed a contrast to the shirt.

With a brown jacket, and brown trousers, I did not want to wear another brown (shoes) in the same-ish tone, and went for something chestnut. 

I appreciate the feedback though. What would you have suggested for colour on tie or shoes?

Doesn't really matter which one you change, I just think outfits where the shoes and the tie are of the same... "brightness" look more balanced. You could have gone with a rust knit tie for example.

:bigstar:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Henry Carter plaid wool, Kamakura, Fresco 511 (KentWang), Simonet-Goddard,
Carmina Loden suede Chukkas

Last edited:

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sold on the chukkas with that fit, @Pliny . The rest is outstanding!
fing02[1].gif

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tried and True

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That cotton knit isn't working with that suit, IMO. I think it's better paired with seersucker, linen or cotton suiting; something more seasonal. And personally, I'd choose a knit with a one piece collar that will maintain a roll rather than flattening out. Also, I've tried tucking knits into braced trousers but I just can't get onboard with it. I've settled into belted trousers (with a sterling or gold buckle) and trousers with side adjusters a second choice. And I've been there with the dreaded two tone neck. :embar: Only thing worse is golfer's forehead.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads