• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You needn't have worried about looking dandy for the TSA. It's a couple of questions and fingerprinting. I waited longer than the appointment took to complete, and I didn't wait long.

How does one get this status? Link? Would be awesome (sometimes, I get picked to be TSA pre, randomly, but also, I guess if you have kids, you can sometimes get it).

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
WIWT

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cheers Cleav!

Spandexter

Reaction score
Thanks @Pliny. Cloth is a Huddersfield light weight (9oz) wool. Suit feels like a comfy pair of pyjamas.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SW&D is going TRADITIONAL! A new contest on the other side has begun and CM participants are wanted. The premise is simple, wear something with your traditional culture/dress in mind. Yes, this includes Ivy, CM, etc. Just make sure it incorporates your heritage.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/502823/...raditional-deadline-july-12-2015#post_7970266

OMG!!!! Really? I'm not gonna be able to sleep for a week!!!

...or I just don't care. Yeah, don't really care.

Your enthusiasm was contagious for a moment, though...

;-)

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Mind if I ask who makes the shirt? I've been looking for one just like it. 100% linen?

I'm sorry, I can't remember the brand. I picked it up in a small shop, just to have something to travel home in when I was in Florence last week. I think you could probably find a similar fabric if you check out Luxire's linen options though.

Bill Dlwgosh

Reaction score
Spandexter's collar is more in keeping with what I picture myself in and I wonder if that's a semispread or forward point? I won't post in this thread again until I rectify the fact that none of my few shirts collar points end under the jacket which I realize disqualifies me from a Claghorn thumb, much less the much touted SL Life Time Achievement Award :)

Seriously, can somebody get Stitchy back in here?

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spandexter's collar is more in keeping with what I picture myself in and I wonder if that's a semispread or forward point? I won't post in this thread again until I rectify the fact that none of my few shirts collar points end under the jacket which I realize disqualifies me from a Claghorn thumb, much less the much touted SL Life Time Achievement Award :)

Seriously, can somebody get Stitchy back in here?

Looks semi-spread to me, but I'm no stitchy...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads