• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice! and right on cue. There's been a kerfuffle (more of a brouhaha really) over on the Unfunded Liabilities thread about the tastefulness of 'vulgar' Italian Kiton/Loro Piana-esque kinda checks.

Roycru: what I especially like about your posts is that you're from LA. While there are quite a few posters from SF, you and SVB are among the rare ones from LA (full disclosure: I've never been to LA and perhaps never will, but I love the idea of LA).

I think it was Baudrillard in Simulacra who said 'California exists so that the rest of America seems real; LA exists to make California seem real; Hollywood exists to make LA seem real.'
smile.gif

Last edited:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New England summer beach/yacht wedding - do I need to wear a suit or is this okay? The jacket is usually not this snug... I just had a big dinner
shog[1].gif

Do u have any Madras? Check out Vox

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it was Baudrillard in Simulacra who said 'California exists so that the rest of America seems real; LA exists to make California seem real; Hollywood exists to make LA seem real.'  :)  

Mind blown. So where am I and what does it all mean??

Oh yeah, Santa Monica so perhaps I'm safe. ;)

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! and right on cue. There's been a kerfuffle (more of a brouhaha really) over on the Unfunded Liabilities thread about the tastefulness of 'vulgar' Italian Kiton/Loro Piana-esque kinda checks.

I've always wondered when, exactly, a kerfuffle crossed the line into brouhaha territory.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Curiously enough, the cashmere beanies I recently purchased from @Henry Carter
 turned out to be from Johnstons of Elgin too.

thx. i have swatches of the Saxonys and really like them.  The Estate tweeds r just too heavy for me.
Love your Moonbeam, which is a better combo of warmth/drape than Scottish cashmere imo

Cashmere would b perfect for a beanie. ('Watch cap' to the Yanks)

I wore my olive one today (-5c here overnight) and it is a perfect fa ric for a beanie, for a thinnish cashmere its as warm as my much thicker patagonia one.

Johnstons are responsible for a lot of cashmere jacketing cloths no one knows about. I was told they have the last loom in the world to weave cashmere donegal (like the beanies) and if and when it dies it just won't/can't be made anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads